The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GF 30T/S, Digaron-W32mmHR, Digaron-S35mmHR, ZeissDistagonPC35mm comparision

Alkibiades

The new Fuji T/S 30 mm lens is for sure the most exiting wide angle lens now.
Warren made already one comparition, a lot of points were adressed, I will try to tests some.
I get one last week and start to test it.
On one day I made some tests and comparision with these 3 lenses:
- Digaron-W 32 HR- the king of these rage till now, still the only one lens for big movements ( more than 20 mm) or on the large sensor.
- Digaron-S 35 hr- the little brother, a little bit underrated becouse of the larger brother, but I would sya even sharper and still allows 15 mm movements on the 33x44 mm chip in best optical quality.
- Zeiss Contax Distagon PC 2,8/35 mm- older lens, i used it still on Sony A7RIV and Fuji100S, as there was no other alternative till now, It was class leading lens but was made 30 years ago.
On the other day I tested the Fuji30T/S against symetrical Schneider Apo Digitars: 43xl and 28xl.
here is not the sharpness the point but the look, distorstion ect...
These are simple tests done for my needs, nothing scientific.
Made by walking in area of new architecture buildings- nothing special, dont expect big art.
Here i start the first day.

Alkibiades

Zeiss is sharp in the middle part, at out of the center the sharpness is some classes under Fuji.
There details are washed-out, the chromatic aberattion are clear there.
The distortion is strong, but can be corrected by Capure one very well.
The lens can be used even with full 10 mm shift, needs correction (distortion, chromatic aberattion and sharpness) but overall quality is not what modern digital lens can deliver.

Alkibiades

the distortion is stronger than the Fuji.
But when needed the C1 correction works perfect with all digarons.
The details are on the same level like Fuji, there is no clear winner. Both are extremly sharp.
The file is made with 50MP back and save with 200% in capture one to get same file like the 100S Fuji, I would like to have the new 100C Hasselblad back that share the same sensor.
Next the 35HR

Attachments

Alkibiades

The 35HR has much better distorsion correction than the 32HR, I would say even better then Fuji.
The overall sharpness is absolutly on the same level like Fuji, even sharper.
The corners are sharper than on 32HR also.
some other shots will follow.

ThdeDude

The 35HR has much better distorsion correction than the 32HR, I would say even better then Fuji.
The overall sharpness is absolutly on the same level like Fuji, even sharper.
The corners are sharper than on 32HR also.
Interesting that the Digaron-S 35mm did so well.

Alkibiades

so the same story:
Fuji is excellent, little distortion, extremly sharp, great contrast and no chromatic abberations.
The old zeiss: stronge distortion- C! can correct it very well, but resolution, sharpness simply not at this high end standart, a lot of chromatic abberations also.
So here the both Digarons,
first Digaron-W 32 hr

Attachments

Alkibiades

here Fuji 30TS, full 15 mm rise.
The distortion will be stronger at the edge, very similar to the distortion of the 35 hr, where at 15 mm rise the distortion also increases.
I hope to get soon C1 update with 30 TS correction.
the other pic is also 15 mm rise, the details at the full movement are very sharp at the edges, no chromatic abberations, very impresive.

Attachments

Alkibiades

so here some pics made with the Fuji 30T/S,
the lens can be used very well as the universal wide lens, allows a little dramatic perspektive and also still a objectiv still...
afcouse the handling is very good...

Attachments

Alkibiades

I would compare the work with this lens to a 35mmFF with canon TS-E24 mm II- also an universal lens, also with very low distortion.
The big diferance is that the Fuji is sharp even at full 15 mm movement, at Ap 8, where canon 24mmII on FF is really sharp till maybe 8 mm, than the sharpness tends to degraded.
Also the edges some chromatic abberations at canon are visible, where Fuji is also this aspect superior, no chromatic abberations at all.
To be become a perfect lens for architecture the lens should have no distortion. But only symmetrical wide angle lenses can achieve this perfection and Fuji is not a symmetrical lens afcourse. A good software correction will follow, so I am sure it will be not a big issue.
I trayed also to compare the Fuji 30 mm to symmetrical Schneider Apo Digitars from the last generation that were very positive mentioned on the forum very often.
So let see if some differenses are clear visible.
I took some pics with schneider Super digitar xl 28 mm and apo digitar 43 xl. The one is even more wide, the other more allows more natural and objective view.