The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

f6cvalkyrie

Yesterday, we were informed about the observation of a rare bird from the Ardeidae family (Herons) on the "Grand Etang" in our village ...
So, I put my Nikkor 300/2.8 and its teleconvertor 2x on the tripod together with my E-M1X, because I knew I was going to need a lot of reach ...
We didn't see the heron, but I could shoot some gulls and a white heron just taking off ...

stay safe,
Rafael

biglouis

I keep expecting the 'buyers remorse' to kick in after selling off my Fuji-based birding kit to go back to m43rds and specifically Olympus but after a month of shooting I remain absolutely delighted. Yes, the AF could be slightly improved but in general subject detection, stickiness once acquired and more importantly IQ is generally very good and often excellent. I think the 100-400 punches well above its price point compared to other 100-400 optics. Definitely as sharp as the Lumix 100-400 I once owned but perhaps not as saturated in the warmer hues (something I can fix to taste in post, in any case). Here are a few of a Kestrel I photographed yesterday at RSPB Rainham Marshes, in Essex. All are the OM-1+100-400+TC1.4x at 560mm, 1/4000, f11 and iso floating between 1600-2500. The bird was very cooperative and alighted almost next to me to preen itself. This is not unusual behaviour by Kestrels. They are generally indifferent to humans, imho.
_1261459-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

_1261946-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit.jpg

_1262410-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit-Edit.jpg

_1262703-ORF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit.jpg