The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

biglouis

First shots with a Oly 8-25f4. Not sure yet what I think of this lens, although the zoom range is very convenient both the range and framing. Sharpness is very good at centre and more than acceptable at the edges (and compares well with all the UWAs I've owned - although like them a bit soft).
Add a 12-100f4 and be done?
All taken with the OM-1
8mm
_5250006.jpg

8mm
_5250013.jpg

16mm
_5250014.jpg

25mm
_5250032.jpg

10mm
_5250042.jpg

25mm
_5250043.jpg

Knorp

First shots with a Oly 8-25f4. Not sure yet what I think of this lens, although the zoom range is very convenient both the range and framing. Sharpness is very good at centre and more than acceptable at the edges (and compares well with all the UWAs I've owned - although like them a bit soft).
All taken with the OM-1
Do you still have a Fujifilm camera, Louis ?

biglouis

Do you still have a Fujifilm camera, Louis ?
Yes, but I am not sure for how much longer. I am near to completing a project photographed entirely on Fuji equipment. I feel I owe to the client to complete it using the same camera/lenses. Once that is complete I am not so sure. In fact, while I am completing it I will test out the 8-25 along the XF10-24 I have used as a UWA lens so far and see if I can in fact live without the Fuji kit. As you know I use the Oly mainly for wildlife but I am averse to having two camera systems (the exception being the Ricoh GRIII which they will have to prise out of my cold dead hands) so I would prefer to go all Olympus and invest the remaining value in the Fuji kit in Oly lenses. I am not sure the 8-25 is in fact as good optically as the XF10-24, however it is such a convenient zoom range and one thing I did not mention in my original post is that it really is a PRO lens, very nicely built and with the focus clutch. I have to admire how clever this is as a product.

Knorp

Looking forward to the outcome of your comparison, Louis. It won't be easy though.
Anyway, convenience and compact kit are also important factors.

drofnad

These quite tickle my fancy!
On the first, with your shadow, it reminds me of some quite clever & well-done photographs by Robert Kienle, who is/was relatively near to me but whose photography seems to have gone silent since circa 2015. THIS portfolio is one of a few (check) with such clever shots : www.robertkienle.com/p216659192 .
I first saw his work of the Empire State Building series, in which he'd SOMEwhere in the image have the top of this iconic structure (maybe just barely) visible.
His Self-Portrait set has some good ones, too!

Your last-of-set --w/the colorful reflections amid a sea of grey wood-- for me begs of crops that will in some cases tilt the proportion of the reflected colors over the grey surrounding --lotta options, here.

Thanks,
(-;

JNB54

These quite tickle my fancy!
On the first, with your shadow, it reminds me of some quite clever & well-done photographs by Robert Kienle, who is/was relatively near to me but whose photography seems to have gone silent since circa 2015. THIS portfolio is one of a few (check) with such clever shots : www.robertkienle.com/p216659192 .
I first saw his work of the Empire State Building series, in which he'd SOMEwhere in the image have the top of this iconic structure (maybe just barely) visible.
His Self-Portrait set has some good ones, too!
Thanks for the compliment and the link. While nearly every photographer has taken one or two shadow/reflection images, Kienle's collection is quite fantastic.

raist3d

All taken with the OM-1
8mm
View attachment 213342
This shot makes me wonder how safe is that house or building from flooding/water/water seeping in!

Is this UK?

- Ricardo

biglouis

This shot makes me wonder how safe is that house or building from flooding/water/water seeping in!

Is this UK?

- Ricardo
Yes, a small town in Hertfordshire called Wheathampstead. The UK has one of the largest collections of chalk streams in the world, of which this is one. I forget its name and the river it joins (which I think is the Lea). Earlier in the week the water had been up to the banks and nearly over it.

For anyone who follows my musings I returned the 8-25. It is beautifully constructed, really first class build but I am not convinced by the image quality. It won't do for me. I am very tempted to reacquire the Oly 7-14 PRO especially after reviewing the photos I took with it on the GX8 and G9 when I owned that lens back in 2016. I know the image quality from that lens is great. However, I would need another lens to cover the 14-25 (and beyond) range and I'm thinking about the Panasonic Leica DG 12-60mm. Again, a two lens system which gives me all the coverage I need to architecture (full buildings and architectural detail). Shame about the 8-25 and I'm sure others are perhaps not as picky as I am.

Knorp

Yes, a small town in Hertfordshire called Wheathampstead. The UK has one of the largest collections of chalk streams in the world, of which this is one. I forget its name and the river it joins (which I think is the Lea). Earlier in the week the water had been up to the banks and nearly over it.

For anyone who follows my musings I returned the 8-25. It is beautifully constructed, really first class build but I am not convinced by the image quality. It won't do for me. I am very tempted to reacquire the Oly 7-14 PRO especially after reviewing the photos I took with it on the GX8 and G9 when I owned that lens back in 2016. I know the image quality from that lens is great. However, I would need another lens to cover the 14-25 (and beyond) range and I'm thinking about the Panasonic Leica DG 12-60mm. Again, a two lens system which gives me all the coverage I need to architecture (full buildings and architectural detail). Shame about the 8-25 and I'm sure others are perhaps not as picky as I am.
Too bad, but what about 7-14 Pro and 12-100 Pro ?