The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

f6cvalkyrie

using an old Panasonic GF1 that is still working fine.
My first micro4/3 camera was a blue G1 that I bought in France, because not available yet in my country Belgium ...
When I upgraded to the GH1, I had the G1 modded to Full Spectrum in Germany ...
The modded G1 still performs well, but over the years, the "rubber" skin has become very sticky to the touch ... unpleasant to use ...

This is a recent picture I took with it ...

Stay safe while having fun,
Rafael

ir.jpg

KC_2020

The modded G1 still performs well, but over the years, the "rubber" skin has become very sticky to the touch ... unpleasant to use ...
Nice image !

The rubber on your camera was sticky to begin with until the manufacturer vulcanized it to make it more durable. With time, and UV light, it returns to it's original sticky state. You can remove the sticky with ammonia (i.e. Windex glass cleaner) or Isopropyl alcohol and a soft cloth.

f6cvalkyrie

Nice image !

The rubber on your camera was sticky to begin with until the manufacturer vulcanized it to make it more durable. With time, and UV light, it returns to it's original sticky state. You can remove the sticky with ammonia (i.e. Windex glass cleaner) or Isopropyl alcohol and a soft cloth.
Thanks for the comment and the advice, KC !
I will try it on a small patch when I'll be back @home in a few weeks ...

C U,
Rafael

scho

My first micro4/3 camera was a blue G1 that I bought in France, because not available yet in my country Belgium ...
When I upgraded to the GH1, I had the G1 modded to Full Spectrum in Germany ...

This is a recent picture I took with it ...

Stay safe while having fun,
Rafael

View attachment 192220
Exactly my experience with a red G1, also modded and sticky.