The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Nokton48

Makiflex 4x5 Shanghai Octobox 150 F16 D23 by Nokton48, on Flickr

9x9cm image 9x12cm film Plaubel Makiflex F16. Shanghai 100 film with YG filter D23 1:1 Unidrum Uniroller Omega DII laser aligned 150mm black Rodagon at F16 Arista RC #2 8x10 Dektol 1:2 Testing the new to me Broncolor Octobox 150, beautiful light like movable window lighting. Supplemental Octobox 150 Diffuser added. Notice the attractive catchlight in the glass vase. 4x6ft white foamcore board just off camera right, 45 degrees for passive fill.

Last edited:

Nokton48

Peco Jr Long Rail 150mm Apo Ronar PanF D23 80x80 Pulsoflex Makina Back by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I am testing my new to me 150mm F9 Rodenstock Apo-Ronar, a tiny Process Dialyte of good repute. Attached to my long rail Peco Junior Mini-Me View Camera, with Adjustable Viewer and Plaubel Makina 6x9cm Roll Back. Yellow Filter Pan F+ D23 1:1 JOBO Uniroller Omega DII laser aligned, 8x10 Arista RC #2 Dektol 1:2 . 80x80cm Broncolor C171 Pulsoflex Softbox camera left, 4x6 foam core sheet just off camera right. Low Key Background by James Bright

TechTalk

Love the tonality, composition, and use of depth of field. Beautiful still life all the way around. You're causing me to miss shooting square format film as well as the black & white processing and printing in which I invested so many pleasant hours. I haven't done either in so many years, but I'm happy to see your image as a reminder of that enjoyment.

darr

Love the tonality, composition, and use of depth of field. Beautiful still life all the way around. You're causing me to miss shooting square format film as well as the black & white processing and printing in which I invested so many pleasant hours. I haven't done either in so many years, but I'm happy to see your image as a reminder of that enjoyment.
Thank you so much!
It was a fun image to make, playing around in f-stop 4. :)
Best to you TT

Nokton48

My Hasselblad 70's Blad Basic System by Nokton48, on Flickr

I've been using my olde 70's vintage Hasselblad system in the studio for a while and now I'm getting ready to go out with it. My olde wedding cameras I used up a lot of 220 in those days. I have thinned it down a bit, at one time I had all the lenses. Now the 30 T* Distagon, the 40mm T* Distagon, the 60mm T* Distagon, the 80mm T* Planar, 100 T* Planar, and the 135 T* Bellows Planar, and the 350mm non-T*

EDIT: Since getting the Hasselblad CFV16 Digital Back, I have since added the 50T* Distagon, the 150T* Sonnar, and the 500mm Non-T* Opton Oberkochen. Now the only holes in the stable are the 250T* Sonnar, the 120T* Planar, and maybe the 250T* Achromat. The Achromat is out of my price range.

Last edited: