The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Haag

Photographed some items of my youngest daughter that tell a story about her growing up, she was an avid reader, loved to paint and play the violin/piano. She also was a ballerina from the time she was 4 all the way thru dancing professionally for a while, but I could not find any point shoes to add in the image.

GFX 100s 45mm series of images blended lit with a flashlight
violin LP.jpg

Last edited:

lookbook

Photographed some items of my youngest daughter that tell a story about her growing up, she was an avid reader, loved to paint and play the violin/piano. She also was a ballerina from the time she was 4 all the way thru dancing professionally for a while, but I could not find any point shoes to add in the image.

GFX 100s 45mm series of images blended lit with a flashlight
View attachment 200944
... a beautiful story that you tell here with the picture Greg -.
Past in mild colours that nevertheless shine ...
the repeating form of violin and the beautiful drawing very skilfully used for the photo.

I think the image space is used optimally.
I am almost of the opinion that pointe shoes would have become too much in the picture.
But what do I know ...

First class Greg!

P. Chong

Ryuzu no take is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Japan. Tucked up in the mountains near Lake Chuzenji. I photographed the image below just last year (2022) in November with my Fujifilm GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HCD 4/28 lens. When we arrived, the summer has not quite gone yet, many of the foliage is still green, with some spots of brown. f/4 at 1/20s.

ryuzu.jpg

For an image I took some 11 years ago, in October, the foliage was already in full fall colours. Same lens, but camera was the Hasselblad H3D-39. f/18. 0.7s.

ryuzu2.jpg

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Greg...Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it.
This is my favorite park to visit.
I can guarantee it's hard to get bad pictures there. For you, I have to change my words to "it's almost impossible for you not to get outstanding pictures there" :)

Pramote

dj may

Full disclosure: I removed the wind turbines from the above images. Many new turbines have been constructed in my local area, with considerable controversy. Whatever your opinion, good or bad or both, they certainly change the landscape.View attachment 201027
Last June I was in the area. We drove from Vancouver, WA to Goldendale for a family reunion. I had intended to return specifically for photos with the turbines, but ran out of time.

UliM.

Historic railway station "Kongsvoll" is a railway station in Kongsvoll in the municipality of Oppdal in the province of Trøndelag, Norway, build in 1921. It lies in the Drivdalen valley, along the Driva river and the E06 European route. The station is on the Dovre Line and is served by four daily express trains to Oslo and Trondheim.

in Norway, traditionally in attractive colors...
P1 with SK45 mm IQ4

P0010187-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010184-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010188-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010193-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010190-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

Last edited:

UliM.

Thank you for your kind reactions....! Wish I have had my Cambo with me that day, would have made life easier....

Second historic & colorfull railway station at Drivstua, in the municipality of Oppdal in the province of Trøndelag, Norway

The station building was designed by the railway architect Erik Glosimodt and is part of his series of high mountain railway stations designed in the period 1917-1921.

P1 IQ4 SK45 mm

P0010198-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010201-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010200-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010199-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010202-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

P0010203-Norwegen 2023-Railway Station-.jpg

Last edited:

MartinN

Thank you for your kind reactions....! Wish I have had my Cambo with me that day, would have made life easier....

Second historic & colorfull railway station at Drivstua, in the municipality of Oppdal in the province of Trøndelag, Norway

The station building was designed by the railway architect Erik Glosimodt and is part of his series of high mountain railway stations designed in the period 1917-1921.
Good to see that somewhere there is money for keeping very expensive wooden buildings nice and good. I am more accustomed to the owner failing money, and letting the buildings deteriment beyond possibilty to rescue. And in the end when not inhabited anymore there is somebody with a matchbox… Problem solved.

UliM.

Good to see that somewhere there is money for keeping very expensive wooden buildings nice and good. I am more accustomed to the owner failing money, and letting the buildings deteriment beyond possibilty to rescue. And in the end when not inhabited anymore there is somebody with a matchbox… Problem solved.
Indeed...only a few stations "survived": the wooden station building and grounds of these stations were placed under protection by the National Antiquities Authority in 1997.
Kongsvoll station is not manned, but all trains are still stopping. Both stations were opened in 1921. The architect of the stations Mr. Erik Glosimodt died in a railway accident immediately one day after after opening of that railway line only few miles away of these railway stations..... (hi-)story behind these photos...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.