The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The latest LR has the lens profile for the Hassy XCD 28P. I can now wildly over-process my skies properly!
The weird thing here is that the treetop right of center is OOF - or shows some kind of motion blur - but it's 1/2000 sec f/8. I dunno. The edges are sharp, and I don't *think* I'd be seeing so much field curvature at f/8 and focus at least 100 feet away. Anyway, straight at the sun behind the clouds...

Matt

gurtch

TD939  small jpg.jpgD939  small jpg.jpghis week here on Long Beach Island there was a great sky, the golden rods are blooming on the dunes, and the tourists have left (well most of them). Now at age 86, I don't get out to photograph as often as I used to.....No excuses as I certainly have the time, it's just getting motivated. My wife and I had doctor appointments and she suggested taking a camera. I wanted to pack light so I grabbed my Sony A7RIV and only two lenses: the 12-24, and 24-105. I shot a number of images and suggested to my wife we stop back home for me to grab my "Big Camera", the Fuji GFX 100S. I took only two lenses: the 35-70mm and the 23mm. I used only the 35-70. I now have both the 35-70 and 32-64. Long story short: the 32-64 was left in the rain on the camera for two days. I was not sure it could be repaired so I bought, on sale, for $475 new, the 35-70. Two images with 35-70 at 35mm f13 ISO 400 all hand held (Bravo IBIS). Thanks for looking

Dave GurtcheffD940 small jpg.jpg

Beach Haven, NJ

www.modernpictorials.com

anwarp

Cefalu_Sicily.jpg

A view of Cefalu in Sicily, from across the bay. The church spires on the upper left are about 2Km away.
XF + IQ4 150 + SK55BR - Blend of 1 second single frame (the movement in the waves) and 30 second frame average (for low noise and smoky water).

A bit after sunset, so very low light and unfortunately a rather boring sky. I was with family, so I couldn't hang around for the sky to turn darker either!

Anwar

cunim

I'm not much good at pretty, but I promised myself to try fall colors this year. This is a bit of the backyard, still dominated by green and gold. Reds are just starting. It's a vertical pano, made with the IQ4/150 and Rodenstock 138. You can't see it in the web image, but the level of detail is amazing. I took the same image with the Fuji GFX and the pretty is still there but no, not even close with the detail. I prefer the pano. Guess I can't separate the leaf peeper from the pixel peeper.

colors1.jpg

Last edited:

vjbelle

Greetings from the West Coast.... I started this trip from Sausalito and will end in Cannon Beach. Sausalito weather was extremely nice with beautiful mornings from our hotel on the water. I have always wanted to photograph the SF bridge from this side but it is somewhat dangerous with smash and grab. It is REAL here!! Nothing should be left in the car of any value. Regardless I managed to get out with my camera and just two lenses and got this shot as the fog was rolling in. I thought it lent itself best in BW.

100 II GF 110mm

Victor B.

_DSF0051.jpg

Last edited:

vjbelle

Bandon Beach was mostly gray for our three day stay. We rented a house right at the beach which was somewhat reasonable and very convenient for beach access. Two solid days of clouds and then on the day of our leave the sun broke through and I was able to get a couple of nice shots.

Victor B.

_DSF0697.jpg

_DSF0705.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.