The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

lookbook

Neele
Fujifilm GFX 100s | Fujinon GF32-64mm F4 R LM WR
... i hope i may continue my little series about a wedding i attended
at the end of last year as a guest
and which I started with "waiting for the bride" and "wedding bell",
continue here in 2024.

A professional photographer was responsible for the wedding itself and I wasn't allowed to stand in his way : )

lookbook

In many architectural shots, in contrast, I see all these vertical lines and buildings appear to loom outwards. My brain tells me "that is not what buildings really look like" and I fail to really appreciate the photo.
... straight lines are straight lines and your brain quickly gets used to the fact that it is no longer seen as protruding outwards if you spend more time looking at these correct images.

our brain also receives the information through the eye that everything is upside down and reversed -
but it easily compensates! : )

lines of sight and differences in size are of course important so that we can estimate distances.
we don't need that for a photographed building.

peterm1

Warren, I'm now afraid my credit card will force itself out of my pocket when I eventually see a 30mm T/S available for sale.... I have the X2D system but the 30mm is so tempting it may force me to buy into the Fuji system just for the T/S lenses... nice work.

diggles

Warren, I'm now afraid my credit card will force itself out of my pocket when I eventually see a 30mm T/S available for sale.... I have the X2D system but the 30mm is so tempting it may force me to buy into the Fuji system just for the T/S lenses... nice work.
:devilish:

diggles

A few cropped shots taken last week in Williamsburg, Brooklyn with the X2D and 28P/90V. The 28P/90V make a really nice, small walking around kit, although there were times I wished I also had the 21mm XCD as well.

View attachment 209609
Nice images! Do you use the in camera crop mode? I'm finding that I really like using it on the Fuji. It helps with composition. If you are shooting RAW then it is easy to tweak afterwards if needed.