The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

SylB

An old Rockwell International wafer - most likely a modem chip on an early process (few metal layers in this process). there are a few good ones (no dot from the tester) as well as the parametric test die. Was this a four inch wafer?
Don
Yes, it was a 4 inch wafer !
I admire your technical and historical eye !!

PeterA

This image is the +1 stop capture from a set of 3 exposure bracketed images. Normally, I would use the 'properly' exposed file, but I liked the brightness in this one. It was made with a new to me old film lens that just arrived yesterday.

Arca Swiss Rm3di + Hasselblad CFV 100C + Apo Symmar 100mm f5.6 (single image about 15mm camera fall)
2024-02-23-B00780 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr
SO nice to look at..

lookbook

This image is the +1 stop capture from a set of 3 exposure bracketed images. Normally, I would use the 'properly' exposed file, but I liked the brightness in this one. It was made with a new to me old film lens that just arrived yesterday.

Arca Swiss Rm3di + Hasselblad CFV 100C + Apo Symmar 100mm f5.6 (single image about 15mm camera fall)
2024-02-23-B00780 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr
... first class work Mr Diggles!!!
A pleasure to look at and enjoy the neat details ...

diggles

Here are a couple more images from the industrial park.

The first one, I'm standing directly under the piping that is going into the building on the left and used shift to get the building on the right in the frame. The second one, I had everything packed up and was walking back to the truck. This scene caught my attention, prompting another photo.

Arca Swiss Rm3di + Hasselblad CFV 100C + Rodenstock Digaron 50R
2024-02-25-B00817 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

Arca Swiss Rm3di + Hasselblad CFV 100C + Rodenstock Digaron 50R (the 50HR was a bit too wide so I had to crop to taste)
2024-02-25-B00826 by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

rdeloe

Shift lenses - the gateway drug to technical cameras...
X2D, Mamiya 645 50mm shift lens at f/11

Matt
You know it! When I took up digital photography after a hiatus from shooting 4x5, I was over the moon when I read a Tim Parkin article on On Landscape where he described tilt-shift adapters. When my friend Jeffrey put me on to digital view cameras, I was able to get back everything I lost in the way of movements when I stopped using 4x5s.

Now if you can mount that thing on a tilt adapter, you will be set!