The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

PeterA

... i can't wait to see which bike you ride when you have expanded your new hobby with a couple of kids!!!
: )
Ahhh provenance and timelines...our children are all grown up now and independent(ish) ...

The 996 SPS (Pista) was manufactured in 1998 for British market only. My model was manufactured in 1999 - one of three sold in Australia out of a total of 150 world wide. Most of these bikes have long since been 'totalled'....mine was sold to a collector for 4X the original value some 15 years later as it was in pristine condition and included unused Factory Racing stickers in box with non race factory exhaust it was as good as new with less than 2000 miles on the clock mufflers etc ...My wiffy always took a jaundiced view of track days and was aghast at me taking my children for rides as pillions on a (relatively ) comfortable Motto Guzzi 1000Sport - years before I purchased and many more before I sold the Ducati.

A motorbike for me these days is (like my collected photographs ) - a stocktake of happy and some not-so-happy memories and an exercise in nostalgia.

PS teh modern bikes with all their ABS and computer chipped lean angle control and wheelie control and this and that safety features are more like playing a video game - @drevil 's 1199 Panigale is probably the last of the truly beastly Ducatis to ride in anger if one is so inclined...these days everything is being safetied into boringness - which is probably a good thing for 99% of riders.

Aaaaanyway back to fun with MF pichas.

Cheers
Pete

drevil

Staff member
Ahhh provenance and timelines...our children are all grown up now and independent(ish) ...

The 996 SPS (Pista) was manufactured in 1998 for British market only. My model was manufactured in 1999 - one of three sold in Australia out of a total of 150 world wide. Most of these bikes have long since been 'totalled'....mine was sold to a collector for 4X the original value some 15 years later as it was in pristine condition and included unused Factory Racing stickers in box with non race factory exhaust it was as good as new with less than 2000 miles on the clock mufflers etc ...My wiffy always took a jaundiced view of track days and was aghast at me taking my children for rides as pillions on a (relatively ) comfortable Motto Guzzi 1000Sport - years before I purchased and many more before I sold the Ducati.

A motorbike for me these days is (like my collected photographs ) - a stocktake of happy and some not-so-happy memories and an exercise in nostalgia.

PS teh modern bikes with all their ABS and computer chipped lean angle control and wheelie control and this and that safety features are more like playing a video game - @drevil 's 1199 Panigale is probably the last of the truly beastly Ducatis to ride in anger if one is so inclined...these days everything is being safetied into boringness - which is probably a good thing for 99% of riders.

Aaaaanyway back to fun with MF pichas.

Cheers
Pete
also the 1199 has TC and ABS, the superleggera even got wheelie control and launch control if i am not mistaken.

just by the look i would love to get my hands on a 1299 superleggera, the paint job is amazing and this wsbk exhaust is a dream

PeterA

also the 1199 has TC and ABS, the superleggera even got wheelie control and launch control if i am not mistaken.

just by the look i would love to get my hands on a 1299 superleggera, the paint job is amazing and this wsbk exhaust is a dream
now you are talking exotica! and to think you can pick one up for less than a Phase One thingy and a couple fo Rodenstocks...what a bargain!!

yeah the BMW has all that plus...wait for it.....rear power slide control....I can go in late on the brakes lean over ridiculously and hit the throttle whilst on teh rear brakes and slide around as if I am on slicks...the rev/brake/lean angle and wheel rotational calculations all keeping things under control...well that is the theory a theory I am not willing to test on a track anymore...

diggles

Here are a few from a recent interiors project. Fuji GFX 100 II and TS lenses, Profoto flash, and ambient. All images were made while tethering to Capture One.

Canon 50 TS-E Macro. The image on the screen is from the same shoot and was added in Photoshop.
regus-meeting-room-02a.jpg

Canon 50 TS-E Macro.
regus-kitchen-v2.jpg

Canon 90 TS-E Macro
regus-nook.jpg

Fuji GF 30 TS. The 16x9 aspect ratio was chosen to crop out the excessive amount of ceiling and floor.
regus-hallway-01a-16x9.jpg

Greg Haag

Spent part of last week at the river, I intended on doing a little more photography than I wound up doing. This is on the North Fork river which is a tailwater to the White river in north central Arkansas, it was named one of Trout Unlimited's Top 5 Rivers to fish last decade. Fishing is exceptional for four species of trout—brook, rainbow, cutthroat, and brown (with a world record German brown caught in 1988 that weighed almost 39lbs). Sadly all of the old records are still in place, but such a relaxing place to be.

GFX 100S 23mmairstream at river small-1.jpg

airstream at river small-2.jpg

airstream at river small-3.jpg

lookbook

Here are a few from a recent interiors project. Fuji GFX 100 II and TS lenses, Profoto flash, and ambient. All images were made while tethering to Capture One.

Canon 50 TS-E Macro. The image on the screen is from the same shoot and was added in Photoshop.
View attachment 212610

Canon 50 TS-E Macro.
View attachment 212612

Canon 90 TS-E Macro
View attachment 212613

Fuji GF 30 TS. The 16x9 aspect ratio was chosen to crop out the excessive amount of ceiling and floor.
View attachment 212611
... great work Warren -
my favourites are the 1st and the 3rd photo.
all four photos are very good,
but I find these two photos even more exciting!!!

diggles

... great work Warren -
my favourites are the 1st and the 3rd photo.
all four photos are very good,
but I find these two photos even more exciting!!!
Thank you!

I agree. It was really refreshing to work with a client who appreciated focusing on smaller details rather than showing the whole room in every shot. Frequently, less is more when it comes to conveying a specific message or feeling.

jng

Circle of Life by John Ngai, on Flickr
907x-CFV100C | XCD 3.2/90 | f/11 | 6-image focus stack​

I spent a nice morning this weekend with some good photography friends wandering around the Mt. Diablo foothills of the San Francisco East Bay Area. Shooting in broad daylight isn't really my thing, but the beautiful spring blooms were calling. This scene, with the remains of a once vibrant tree framing the patches of yellow flowers on the distant hillside, captured my attention.

John