The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjr

Evening

Trying out my second copy of the Tamron 15-30, first was utter crap, second isn't much better which is a shame as the lens feels really nice and is a good range, just really poor edges. Anyway, a quick shot from this afternoon, river is starting to freeze up nicely, not a serious shot, just running some tests but quite like it.

Shashin

...river is starting to freeze up nicely...
Only someone from a place where winter lasts at least six months would say a something like that. ;) We are heading into our six months of winter too. :)

Mat, have you considered your ice is just not as sharp this year, rather than a lens problem...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Mat, have you considered your ice is just not as sharp this year, rather than a lens problem...
I don't know if you are aware of this, but Scandinavian ice happens to be the sharpest in the universe. If you look at the ITF (Ice Transfer Function) charts of any Scandinavian, glacier, frozen lake or (in the case of Denmark) ice cube, you'll find that, as opposed to equivalent Swiss, Canadian or Russian ice, Scandinavian ice is sharper along the edges, has a more distinct contrast and that softer areas are softer in a real, sub-zero way. For this reason, Scandinavian ice is often referred to a Leic Ice :lecture:

M

mjr

I considered it but only for a split second Will, as Jorgen has correctly stated, everyone knows Scandinavian ice is the sharpest, I just blamed the lens!

Getting cold here, I hope you have a good winter.

Mat

viablex1

From this evenings session, special thanks to Routlaw man is true gold in every way possible, I finally met him and he was so encouraging, to Lloyd very nice and very helpful and this forum for you people that shoot like crazy and are damned good at it

_DSC5208 by gungyduo, on Flickr

Swissblad

Too lazy to go out for a walk.....

.... taken from our porch with Nikon D500 and Nikkor 200-500mm fully racked out.

Have a good WE folks.

:thumbs:

Mr.Gale

This Cheetah was napping under a tree until we awoke it. If you look close, you will see a Tsetse fly on its nose.
We were surprised how many Tsetse fly's we encountered on this trip.

Mr.G

Swissblad

Thanks for the kind likes, folks..... some more with the same combo.

Most of the foliage is down, blown away by autumn storms, only the hardy Larches left to stun us with their vibrance.

:cool:

Swissblad

There are times I miss the classic 6x6 H'blad format......

but.... I do enjoy playing with my Nikon toys in the interim.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.