The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2022

Nokton48

SONY DSC by Nokton48, on Flickr

Peco Junior with sawed-Off Medium Sized Rail, 240 chrome barrel Schneider Tele-Arton, Sony NexC3 Digital Back. Lens Board is the 3D printed one from Italy; quality pretty good for the low price, well worth having. Camera focused at about forty feet with this lens; the sawed-off medium Rail is good with the 240mm focal length

I wanted a small incogneto digital back, to go on my new Plaubel Peco Jrs. So I took the $60 18mp Sony Nex C3 body, and JB Welded it on to a Peco Jr board with #0 hole. I put a popup hood generic type, with a moncular magnifier that folds out of the way, and viewing is very good with this! Great for lens testing, and eliminates the need for expensive Fujiroid instant material. Exposure readouts in the viewfinder great for determining base exposures through the lens. Shown here with the chrome 100mm Schneider Symmar, ina a later vintage Compur shutter. I am trying to collect the lenses that were originally offered in the Plaubel catalogs of the day. This will be a useful tool for me in the studio, also in the field. I can switch back and forth between digital and B&W film of allsorts in rolls and sheets. This will be fun to field test.

150mm f5.6 chrome Schneider Symmar Auto Iris Plaubel Makiflex lens mount. Key Day F11 Easily hand holdable, great way to test all my lenses. Much fun ahead. If I want I can switch to film in 30 seconds, although the camera needs totally reset in that case. But so versatile.

Here is the resulting 150mm f5.6 Symmar on Auto Makiflex with Sony Nex C3 Digital Back. Not too bad and useful to me.

Last edited:

Nokton48

Digital Back Peco Jr 150mm F9 Apo Ronar by Nokton48, on Flickr

Plaubel Peco Junior 6.5x9cm view camera, with homemade Digital Back. Rodenstock 150mm F9 Apo Ronar at F11. A tiny GEM of a lens. Sony Nex C3 Body JBWelded to a Plaubel Peco Junior Lensboard with #00 hole, as a Poor Man's Digital Back. Works great and much fun, can max out camera movements with this. Paid Sixty Bucks for the C3 Body, and Seventy Dollars for the Peco Junior from Adorama. Worth every Penny.

Digital Peco Junior Back, Shown next to Plaubel Makina 35mm Film Back for size comparison. In front ia a Canon EOS adapter yet to be put together

by Nokton48, on Flickr

Last edited:

Nokton48

This is rainy foggy day handheld digital view camera photography. Plaubel Peco Junior with 240mm Schneider black barrel Tele-Arton wide open. Handheld exposure NexC3 Digital Back JB Welded to Peco Junior board. I like the bokeh and lower contrast rendering, thanks to the olde Tele-Arton formula. Making up this digital unit enables me to use this lens for the first time :) Lens mounted on 3D printed board from Italy, I added light foam trapping and it works OK