The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

wattsy

With the "waist-level" display, the CFV II is ideal for very low level photographs like this diminutive orchid (which is just a few inches tall). Not sure the 28P is the ideal lens for small flowers but it focusses pretty close to get a 1/6 maximum reproduction ratio. Burnt-tip Orchid (Neotinea ustulata) in Hampshire, England.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
With the "waist-level" display, the CFV II is ideal for very low level photographs like this diminutive orchid (which is just a few inches tall). Not sure the 28P is the ideal lens for small flowers but it focusses pretty close to get a 1/6 maximum reproduction ratio. Burnt-tip Orchid (Neotinea ustulata) in Hampshire, England.

Think of the 28P as the environmental portrait of macro lenses. :LOL:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have been using a Hoodman loupe in bright sunlight on the screen since the CFV 50c back. Always works like a charm.
@darr
The shipment of the HOODMAN LOUPE just took two days from the Netherlands (Rotterdam) to my place in south Germany .
That is very very fast .

Darr you are right . The hood works like a charm . I am happy that this thread pointed me to that loupe . I did not even know , it exists .

Here , one from today . I love junkyards . No AI .

26.05.2024 SCHROTT 0026 1.2 PP 1400.jpg

diggles

Since I got the 100C, I've mostly it with a tech cam, but not with the 907x because I didn't have lenses for it. For a trip to Norway, I got the 45P and rented the 28P. The camera is fun, but I find it challenging to use as a walk around camera.

On a tripod with a tech cam, I use a Hoodman-style loop, which works great.

However, hand-holding the camera in bright sunlight made it hard to see the screen and keep lines straight, especially with the 28P.

To cope, I used the screen for basic framing, planning to crop in post to fix the composition.

Here are a handful of images from the trip, all square and black and white…I really enjoy the built in crop modes as well!

2024-05-13-B02162-square.jpg by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

2024-05-13-B02190.jpg by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

2024-05-13-B02173.jpg by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

2024-05-09-B01726.jpg by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

2024-05-09-B01710.jpg by Warren Diggles, on Flickr

anyone

Thank you for the hint to the Hoodman Loupe! It arrived and seems to be very well suited for the purpose.