The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GFX100 Firmware update Version: 3.01

Satrycon

Paul2660

Wish they would give more details on "stability" and what all that means. No mention of the removal of the combing artifacts however.

Paul C

gerald.d

Wish they would give more details on "stability" and what all that means. No mention of the removal of the combing artifacts however.

Paul C
I don't think they would ever publicly admit to them existing.

Panasonic never did, and they fixed it. It will be interesting to see what exactly Fuji have improved here. Intriguing though that there is no 100S firmware update.

/edit

I should add that I don't believe the issue is actually anything camera related, rather to do with how the images created by the camera are merged in software. Unless there is also an update to the pixel shift combiner software, I don't see this firmware update fixing the issue.

Paul2660

It would be interesting to know if the Leica implementation on the SL2 has the same problems that the Panasonic did, (but were fixed). Leica creates the file in camera which personally prefer if the conversion is a good one. You get a 187MP dng and then a 47MP dng. Leica and Panasonic share a lot of the technology and I believe the IBIS unit is one of them.

Paul C

Satrycon

have not tried multishot, but the SL2 does show a sharp uniform jagged edge when ibis is on, around certain moving objects, very similar to the GFX pics posted here...i heard its becuase there is no anti aliasing filter on the sensor ?

It would be interesting to know if the Leica implementation on the SL2 has the same problems that the Panasonic did, (but were fixed). Leica creates the file in camera which personally prefer if the conversion is a good one. You get a 187MP dng and then a 47MP dng. Leica and Panasonic share a lot of the technology and I believe the IBIS unit is one of them.

Paul C

SrMphoto

have not tried multishot, but the SL2 does show a sharp uniform jagged edge when ibis is on, around certain moving objects, very similar to the GFX pics posted here...i heard its becuase there is no anti aliasing filter on the sensor ?
Can you provide the source? IBIS is always off when doing the pixel-shift shots.
No high-resolution sensor (>40MP) has an anti-aliasing filter. Are you thinking of SL2-S?

Satrycon

Can you provide the source? IBIS is always off when doing the pixel-shift shots.
No high-resolution sensor (>40MP) has an anti-aliasing filter. Are you thinking of SL2-S?
yes SL2S i wrote SL2 by mistake
ibis is off for multishot, but its the same process of moving the sensor and maybe thats why the jagged edges appear ?

Paul2660

Seems to work fine. No issues for me. Did not try a multi shot as for field work it’s pretty worthless due subject movement issues and Fuji’s inability to create the multi shot in camera. Still say 16 shots is just too many. Would have preferred 8 if that was possible.

Paul C

true. I remeber using the sony alpha and with 4 shots I got good results outdoor ( of course minus the problem with moving foliage etc)

I'll test soon with im gonna test with still life...

the 16-image DNG is still soft and I'll of artifacts. zooming a 1200% you can see there is more detail and less aromatic aberration but lots of checkered artifacts so I'm not sure if it;s even worth using it unless is for scientific reason or archiving or whatnot

Attachments