The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Good video on GFX100II on Lloyds site.

Paul2660

Digital Lloyd has posted a “in a nutshell” video with his opinions on differences between the 100S and 100II. It’s worth a watch.
His points are well taken and IMO address similar issues I have had with the 100II. Fuji had a chance to rewrite the book with this camera and it’s apparent they just copied the script over.
It’s now evident also that these no real difference between ISO80 on the 100II and ISO100 on the GFX100 or 100S.
Fuji seems more focused on video with this camera.
I have personally shot many hundreds of frames with the 100II and am constantly getting IBIS errors in the shots. (Squiggles of blur throughout the images with longer lenses like the 250mm and 100-200)
Hopefully Fuji will listen and make improvements to the firmware.
Video is on the main blog site thus you can watch it without a subscription.
Paul

buildbot

It’s now evident also that these no real difference between ISO80 on the 100II and ISO100 on the GFX100 or 100S.
According to @JimKasson , it’s doing weird black level subtraction/histogram manipulation at ISO 80 if I understand this article : https://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/in-camera-black-point-subtraction/

Fuji is an interesting company, they innovate a lot, but also seem to not really get software/firmware or have weird limitations. 12bit files in CH mode? That’s what my Mamiya ZD outputs or the often maligned as “not enough dynamic range for photography” global shutter sensors - those are all 12bit. Wild to think your new 7.5K camera can’t use a good chunk of its bit depth for fast shooting.

Rand47

Digital Lloyd has posted a “in a nutshell” video with his opinions on differences between the 100S and 100II. It’s worth a watch.
His points are well taken and IMO address similar issues I have had with the 100II. Fuji had a chance to rewrite the book with this camera and it’s apparent they just copied the script over.
Fuji seems more focused on video with this camera.
I have personally shot many hundreds of frames with the 100II and am constantly getting IBIS errors in the shots. (Squiggles of blur throughout the images with longer lenses like the 250mm and 100-200)
Hopefully Fuji will listen and make improvements to the firmware.
Video is on the main blog site thus you can watch it without a subscription.
Paul
Interesting video. No punches pulled. I have to agree that while the “The Second” is a fabulous camera in terms of fit and finish, the EVF, and in my case the very nice integration of the vertical grip (does not feel like an “add-on” piece), there’s no real improvement for someone whose main gig tends toward landscape, studio still life, and the like. It’s more hand-holdable, but like you, I’ve questioned the reliability of the IBIS as compared to my GFX 100. The original 100 is, to my way of thinking, a better landscape camera. The rear sub-LCD w/ shooting parameters is very much missed on the “Second” and Fuji completely screwed the landscape shooter w/ moving the remote release port back to the left side of the camera body - trapping it under an L-plate. This last point really ticks me off, since there‘s no reason it could not have been left on the “correct” (right) side of the body since there’s still the port there - but only for audio out. Who the heck is going to use GFX for video production?

I hope you’re correct about the IBIS actually needing a firmware tweak. I don’t trust it like I can on my original 100.

Rand