The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

nameBrandon

What lenses do you already have for the X system? I have got the 30, 45p, 65 and use the HC100OD and the HC210 from the older H system. I was tempted by the new 38, mainly for the f/2.5 max aperture. But then, somehow it mostly replaces the 45p but not really the 30, and is almost to close to both.

I am not even sure I like the looks (which oddly reminds me of 7Artisans lenses for Leica) and this clutch and the DOF scale, which I never used on Olympusses and Fujis.
I’ve got the 45P, 65, 90, 35-75, and the new 38 and 55. I love the looks, I think they’re so much better than the prior aesthetic (which I refer to as “Fancy Batis”).

Tried the 38 an 55 and they didn’t point up.
Probably depends on a few things, like the strap, attachments, how you carry it. The back is heavier, it will point up eventually, given the right conditions.

View attachment 197085

does the aperture ring and the MF/AF option on the lens work on the 907 too? Any issues?
It works, but there’s a caveat.. Hasselblad has not enabled the option to default the on-camera knob to control shutter speed by default. So (in manual mode) what you get is an awesome aperture ring on the lens.. and then the knob on the camera also controls.. aperture. In order to control shutter speed, you still need to hold down the little button on the side temporarily and then use the knob. It doesn't sound like too big of a deal, but try it in real life, you'll quickly see how the movement is slow and inefficient and how obvious this change should be.

IMO, you should be able to set the knob to control shutter speed, then the lens controls aperture. That makes a ton of sense, but not how it actually works at the moment.

Hopefully Hasselblad will give us the option to swap the default function for the camera knob soon in a firmware update.

Last edited:

KlausJH

IMO, you should be able to set the knob to control shutter speed, then the lens controls aperture. That makes a ton of sense, but not how it actually works at the moment.

Hopefully Hasselblad will give us the option to swap the default function for the camera knob soon in a firmware update.
I couldn't agree more. Aperture control at the lens, control wheel for shutter speed and ISO automatic in MF mode. I dream would come true. It's probably not going to happen. The software department has most certainly different priorities.