The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad X2D coming soon to a divorce near you

jduncan

Dynamic range in action, it's not as surprising for people that have seen what the X1D II can do, but nice to see someone actually testing it. Matt G is not an off-camera flash in-exteriors kind of h guy, so he overlooks the importance of being able to sync the flash without shenanigans above 1/125. But he did mention it and he tries, I believe, to be fair:

onasj

Firmware wishlist after shooting the X2D for a couple weeks:
- Implement compatibility with Focus 2 mobile
- Allow auto ISO in M mode. Seriously, it's silly that we don't have the OPTION of turning auto ISO on.
- Improve AF accuracy (as noted in the video review on page 24)
- Often the AF-D-triggered focus is correct but the green focus indicator (in MF mode) does not turn green. Fix, please.
- Eye-detect AF please
- AF-C (continuous AF) please
- Live histogram please

If Hasselblad can implement the above, they will realize the vast majority of the potential of this awesome hardware package. Currently, it's maybe 70% realized, which leaves a lot of applications and photographers unable to take advantage of what the camera could offer.

Photon42

I’ve got the 45P, 65, 90, 35-75, and the new 38 and 55. I love the looks, I think they’re so much better than the prior aesthetic (which I refer to as “Fancy Batis”).
I need to bring this up again :cool: Just traded my 30 and 45p for a new 2.5/38. Took me some time to think it through. Over time, I am sure I will like the new design at some point. Close focus and a very useful focal length for me finally tipped it over.

Last edited:

Photon42

Dynamic range in action, it's not as surprising for people that have seen what the X1D II can do, but nice to see someone actually testing it. Matt G is not an off-camera flash in-exteriors kind of h guy, so he overlooks the importance of being able to sync the flash without shenanigans above 1/125. But he did mention it and he tries, I believe, to be fair:

Not the only thing he overlooks.