The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad XCD 28P

dmecham

Hi,
I find this 28P very tempting. However I am not sure to understand whether there is a color shift on the X1DII-50c generation? (for the X2D it seems ok).
If anyone with a 28P and an X1DII could share a raw image of a grey sky at f4 for example (in October it might be easy), it would be really helpful!

Paul
Here's a test I did this morning shooting a white card at F4 with my 29P on X1Dll body. Processed in Phocus 2. I was quite surprised how good the results are.28PF44.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here's a test I did this morning shooting a white card at F4 with my 29P on X1Dll body. Processed in Phocus 2. I was quite surprised how good the results are.View attachment 212187
My examples above with the X1D were just using "Lens Corrections" for the 28P. If I use "Scene Calibration" and shoot a white plexiglass test image, it removes all color and vignetting effects. Of course, that's not ideal, although one could keep a bunch around, one for each f-stop.

Last edited:

wattsy

It seems that deliveries of this lens are taking place again (just had notification from my dealer in London that he has a 28P available). @dmecham 's corrections tests are quite timely because I had my doubts about this lens on the 50MP sensor but am now reassured that it should be fine on my CFV 50 II if I run it via the lens corrections in the latest Phocus.

dmecham

It seems that deliveries of this lens are taking place again (just had notification from my dealer in London that he has a 28P available). @dmecham 's corrections tests are quite timely because I had my doubts about this lens on the 50MP sensor but am now reassured that it should be fine on my CFV 50 II if I run it via the lens corrections in the latest Phocus.
I should mention my camera is the X1Dii model.

wattsy

I've just received this lens. First impressions are very positive. I actually thought it might be broken when I tried to autofocus it because I didn't think anything was happening. The AF, it seems, is silent and pretty much instant😂. I don't routinely use AF but when I do I am used to my 45P making a whirring sound and 'thinking' for a second or so before latching on to focus. I look forward to trying the lens out properly this weekend.

davidrm

Hmm. The 907x/CFV has always been listed along with the traditional 500/etc V system. This has always made sense to me since it constitutes another compatible component of the original 6x6 SLR line, providing a digital back for use on all of the older 500/etc bodies as well as a body stub/lens mount to give access to the X series lens line. Where things have gotten a bit confusing, to me, is the adoption of the new "V" lens descriptor within the X series lens offerings. Sheesh, couldn't they have use another letter rather than "V"? They already use "P" on a couple of XCD lenses, supposedly indicating a sub-series of XCD types, why not use something other than V to indicate another sub-series?

But eh? I'm a photographer, not a marketing weenie... I suppose they had their reasons, and it's not *that* complicated to figure out. ;)

G
Well not all that long ago, the Hasselblad X System was based around a panoramic 35mm film camera, and the Hasselblad X1 was a film scanner…

Maybe there are only 4 or 5 letters in the Swedish alphabet :cool: