The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lens Suggestion for SL Portraits

rollsman44

I am trying to keep my expenses down while I try out the SL for the first time. Looking for a Nice Portrait lens that is a NO Leica one( Cant pay those prices right now)
Thanks

Greg Haag

Depending on your shooting environment, I have found the Lumix S Pro 70-200mm to be an excellent lens.

iiiNelson

If you can’t do the SL 90/2 then I’d agree with the recommendation of going with the Lumix 70-200 lenses for versatility. Either is optically great.

bensonga

If you are interested in a prime lens for portrait work consider the Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG DN ART. Although not inexpensive, it is certainly more affordable than the Leica alternative.

I bought one to use on my SL, S1R and S1. Very happy with it, although I rarely take portraits.

Gary

Taken with my Sigma 85 and Leica SL by a friend.

L1010056 DNG Gary by Dicon Cropped P1800.jpg

Last edited:

aksclix

Sigma 105 f1.4, Panasonic 70-200 f2.8 from my personal experience has been phenomenal! If you don't mind 50mm FL the Panasonic 50 f1.4 also is exquisite! Keep looking everyday for a deal on used ones and you should find one soon enough which will save you some bucks for another lens