The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looking for a IQ4-150 - Update: On hold

ThdeDude

other side of the story is the pleasure derived each day ... As far as I know, we only live once so it’s impossible to depreciate pleasure.
You are absolutely right here; I am just not completely convinced that the IQ4-150 will be such an unabated pleasure (especially since now factory warranties are starting to expire).

Having used a CFV-50c and now using a IQ3-100 already have dealt with my fair share of handling gremlins. Curious to see how the CVF-100c will stand here.

Last edited:

ThdeDude

I think the CFV-100c will be around the $8k - $10k mark, depending on exchange rates. IF there's an IQ5 it could only be the same sensor with upgrade electronics - probably related to tighter integration with the XT. That said, is it worth it for P1? Probably not, so I think they'll soldier on with the IQ4 for the foreseeable future, despite it being positively ancient in digital terms. Personally, I'm keen to see the CFV-100c as 100MP is more than enough for me, and the addition of a flip-up screen + X2D style UI + access to the 907X platform + latest electronics would be great.
My person in the know said that it will be less than the HB X2D 100C, which would make sense since a simpler device. The HB X2D 100C now goes for $8K.

I am also looking forward to the CFV-100c. Not sure I will buy, but at least nice to have a sensible alternative to either IQ3 or IQ4.