The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 and high ISO with the new firmware

robsteve

Subscriber
Jack:

I think it may depend on how you test. If you shoot under tungsten and then try to WB perfectly, there is just so little data in the blue channel, you get lots of noise. If you leave the file how it AWB or keep it warmer looking , like it was in real life, the noise isn't as bad.

I noticed the difference in Lightroom, but it just may be my test pictures were in wider spectum lighting than tungsten or candle light.

Robert

Arne Hvaring

IMO it is mostly a better raw conversion in C1 than in ACR.
I went back and re-processed some old files from pre-update firmware and can see the difference between ACR and C1 4.1. Sometime if I have the time (at home) I will compare these along with the 3.7 version of C1.
-bob
That answers my question above. I have both versions installed as well, will have a look when I get home.