The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

fotografz

Okay, let's see your stuff with any other camera, any format, any film, done anytime ... as long as it isn't a Leica M (it has it's own thread ;))

fotografz

My contributation to kick it off. Some shots from NYC during Halloween and NY Marathon weekend.

Nikon F6 with split microprism screen, various Zeiss ZF lenses, Illford HP5 scanned on a 949 @ 6300dpi (approx produces a non-interpolated 20" X 30" file @ 300dpi, for a 300 meg 16 bit tiff.)

fotografz

A couple around Detroit, during Marathon weekend about a month ago ... same tech specs as the NYC shots above:

jlm

Workshop Member
here is a self portrait with my wife; going out to my advisor's for dinner
c. 1975, Toyo view, 4x5, Schneider 210, scanned on epson 750

fotografz

here is a self portrait with my wife; going out to my advisor's for dinner
c. 1975, Toyo view, 4x5, Schneider 210, scanned on epson 750
Cool shoes :thumbup:

Love the tonal range of the big format film. Easy to scan that size film on a flatbed like the 750 huh?

jlm

Workshop Member
here is a color shot: from 35mm slide film (ektachrome?) shot with my first autofocus nikon and the stock zoom lens in 1991. S canned with the Minolta 5400II. location is about 17,000 ft in Nepal on the way to the Everest base camp. that peak might be Ama Dablam, Everest is out of view to the left

Marc: that was an easy scan, just done in the 4x5 neg carrier. I use Silverfast

Z

Zeiss

You guess the date...

Nikon FM2, Nikkor 50/1.8 AI, TriX --> still using all 3!

Last edited:

helenhill

Superb shots Everyone!!!!

Marc: I giggled through the Marathon & Halloween

Jlm: loved the retro 70's look & feel of you & your Wife
We used to have a 1972 chocolate brown Mercedes /cream leather interior /just like that but on 9/11 it did her in ....
(the engine blew out due to endless traffic stuck on the bridge but she was gorgeous)
and to top it all off You have a view from Nepal /Mt Everest.... Tres cool

Kevin: Beautiful Color....

Zeiss; Berlin Wall perhaps...maybe the Fall

Its been Fun- :angel: Toodles helen

Last edited:

bensonga

Great idea and photos! :thumbs:

Minneapolis diner circa 1980s.
4x5 Graphic View camera
Kodak Tri-X or Plus-X (I can't recall and don't have the film here with me)
Scanned with an Epson 750

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

fotografz

Great idea and photos! :thumbs:

Minneapolis diner circa 1980s.
4x5 Graphic View camera
Kodak Tri-X or Plus-X (I can't recall and don't have the film here with me)
Scanned with an Epson 750

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
I LOVE shots like this Gary. This is the stuff that's disappearing. I've got one somewhere that's similar taken in Hell Michigan.

bensonga

I LOVE shots like this Gary. This is the stuff that's disappearing. I've got one somewhere that's similar taken in Hell Michigan.
You're so right.

This diner is long gone. Every building on the block was demolished about a month after I took this photo.....eventually replaced by hi-rise luxury condos.

I used to stop here on my walk to work for a cup of coffee or breakfast (in the days before I learned to love espresso). The diner was just south of downtown Minneapolis....very valuable real estate I guess.

When I learned it was going to be demolished, I asked the cook/owner if I could come back and take some photos. When I showed up the next day with my 4x5 and a big tripod....I could see it wasn't what he was expecting. Of the half dozen exposures I made, this is the only one I really liked.

I made a print of this image last year which was selected for the annual Alaska Rarefied Light Photography exhibit. I feel like it's one of the best images I've ever been lucky enough to capture.

Gary

helenhill

Beautiful shot Gary

Here is a bad neg but got Good memories....quite a number of years ago
Minox / Restaurant in NYC ...
A shot of Eric with our Dear Old Friend Jimmy Page :)

Last edited:

bensonga

One of my more recent images.....which was included in the 2008 Alaska Rarefied Light photography exhibit.

This just goes to show that even the most uninteresting image can spark some juror's interest. I honestly thought this would be the LAST image/print anyone would find of merit (besides myself, of course....but then, I really LIKE taking photos of old machinery, vehicles, run down buildings....and other assorted junk). :thumbup:

Here's a review of the RL exhibit in last Sunday's Anchorage Daily News.

http://www.adn.com/arts/story/598800.html

Believe it or not....they printed my photograph in the newspaper (with a few others). I guess this is my 5 minutes of fame! :eek:

Anchorage Skyline (and Ship Creek junk yard)
Hasselblad 501CM, 50mm Distagon (or maybe it was the 80mm Planar??)
Ilford FP4, Epson 750 scan
Print was very small (7x7 image area) on Premier Fine Art Hot Press paper (Epson 2400)
My only regret.....I should have made a bigger print! :ROTFL:

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

helenhill

Gary & Jim: Love the CLEAN Edge & Crispness to the Photos

Jeremy: Yea to neopan Grit & Mystique

Bertie : so Tranquil & Beautiful

:salute: H