The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

AlanS

Of course we are, that's part of the fun. To let someone see the world in a different light to how they would normally. Well that's my view!

pegelli

Not quite, but It's actually pretty simple.
The first image is as it came out of the camera (vertically shifted with the lens) and the second one is the same image but now horizontally software keystone corrected (auto mode). And hence the crop (points for Pieter).
Anyway, just showing how well IMO keystone correction works (in COP).
Now that you gave the answer, I should have noticed the slanting building top in the first which is straight in the second, but I didn't :geek:

AlanS

Hi Bart, looking at the excellent correction in these two shots I am presuming you have applied some sort of s/w correction? What are you using if you don't mind me asking? Really like both shots btw (y)

Knorp

Hi Bart, looking at the excellent correction in these two shots I am presuming you have applied some sort of s/w correction? What are you using if you don't mind me asking? Really like both shots btw (y)
Hi there Alan,

actually the correction is mainly done by shifting the lens.
As most of my 'shifted' shots are hand-held and finding levelling a UWA lens quite difficult I apply a little keystone correction in post using Capture One Pro.

Kind regards.

An 'unprocessed' JPEG SooC ...