The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

AlanS

Waterlandsmuseum 'The Playtower', Monnickendam NL...
Hi Bart, there is a wonderful clarity to these pics without the clinical look you can sometimes get with modern designs, does it fully cover the sensor?

Knorp

All the best for the new year @Knorp and everyone who has posted and shared. I have been a tad busy the last few months and look forward to having the time to post again.
Pete
Thanks, Pete. Wishing you all the best for 2023 and hope you'll find some time to go out for some 'wildlife' snaps ... ;)

Knorp

Hi Bart, there is a wonderful clarity to these pics without the clinical look you can sometimes get with modern designs, does it fully cover the sensor?
Hi there Alan, when I first started using the Leica Elmarit-R 2.8/60mm Macro I found some serious vignetting.
Later it turned out that my Novoflex adapter was the culprit.
I'm now using a Kipon adapter (L/R-GFX) and now there is only a hint of vignetting that is or hardly disturbing (to me) or (more or less) easy to fix in PP.
The second image is the best proof I think: no 35mm Format Mode, no Cropping in PP, no Vignetting correction in PP.
But you'll notice a little darkening in the corners.

So to answer your question: yes this lens does cover the 44x33 sensor pretty well.

Kind regards.

biglouis

My last photographs for 2022. The 19thC signal box (now disused) on the eastbound platform of the Metropolitan Line at Liverpool Street Underground Station, in London.
Incidentally, from now on I am switching all Fuji postings to this thread as it seems more 'active' the the 'fun with'. So expect X-T4, X-H2S and any other Fuji cameras I might own in the future (still torn about the X-T5/X-H2) to be posted here.
Let the good (Fuji) times roll!
X-T4, XF35f2
_DSF5747-Edit.jpg

_DSF5753-Edit.jpg

Knorp

My last photographs for 2022. The 19thC signal box (now disused) on the eastbound platform of the Metropolitan Line at Liverpool Street Underground Station, in London.
Hopefully they leave that signal box intact and preserve it as monument.
All too often these interesting structures are demolished.

Incidentally, from now on I am switching all Fuji postings to this thread as it seems more 'active' the the 'fun with'. So expect X-T4, X-H2S and any other Fuji cameras I might own in the future (still torn about the X-T5/X-H2) to be posted here.
Let the good (Fuji) times roll!
Good show, Louis. As they say: 'the more the merrier' ... :)

Kind regards.

biglouis

One of the most annoying birds that has acclimated to the UK, is the Ring-necked Parakeet. Legend has it that the 50,000 plus birds, largely in the south-east of the country are descended from a pair that Jimmy Hendrix is reputed to have released. In reality, many were imported as pets from their tropical homelands and then either accidentally, or on purpose, released. It is incredible that they seem impervious to the increasingly variable and often hostile winters here in the UK where they thrive.
Out of interest, are they found in other areas of northern Europe?
They are an invasive species and today 10 of them were in our apple tree at one time. This displaces native birds who are unlikely to feed at the same time - let alone find food after these 'locust-like' birds have blown through the area.
Both photographs are X-H2S+XF100-400, processed from the RAW files in DxOPureRAW2, which did surprisingly poorly at removing the aberations from the twigs against the sky in the second photo. On the other hand, the 100-400 isn't all it is cracked up to be as a lens.
_DSF5215-RAF_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpg

'Blue-hour' parakeet with the moon behind it.
_DSF4971-RAF_DxO_DeepPRIME-3.jpg

Last edited:

Knorp

OCCII, Amstelveenseweg, Amsterdam NL...

| gfx-100s | gf50 |

The OCCII is a venue for alternative and independent music at Amstelveenseweg 134, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The organization is mostly run by volunteers and has its roots in the squatting movement. The original building was squatted in 1984 and "legalized" in 1989.

bensonga

I haven't been getting out much lately, but decided to try the 65:24 aspect ratio on my GFX-50R and Panasonic S1R. The widest GF lens I have is the 35-70. Here are a couple of shots from my first outing shooting in this aspect ratio with the 50R and that lens. I'm enjoying it. I don't shoot scenic landscapes very often anymore. I am more attracted to local spots around town.

_DSF0172 JPG Timberline Windows-Doors Ship Creek Auto CLR Cropped v2 P2000.jpg

_DSF0183 JPG Western Insulfoam Pano Auto LVLs P2000.jpg

_DSF0178 JPG Western Insulfoam Ice Vents Manual Adj LVLS-Contrast Cropped P2000.jpg