The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Opinion on SK 35 APO Digitar XL

Maxx9photo

So, I’ve been doing some research, this lens is pretty much the same focal length with Digaron 40? Based on Photo digital transitions page.

The lens itself is less than half of Rodie counterpart, How’s the performance on the lens on IQ4 if anyone here has some sample?
I might pair this with a Cambo WRS (1200) if anything goes.

Paul2660

Will try to go and find a sample. But I own it and have used it on the IQ4. Huge difference from 3100 or any other P1 back as the color cast is almost non existent with IQ150.
No real shift ability however. And you may or may not need the CF. I was actually able to use the lens without the CF on the IQ150 which amazed me.
On center very sharp and very little if any flare issues which plague all the wider Rodenstocks. (Some of the worst flare I have ever seen very destructive and non fixable in post for the 28mm 32mm and 40mm).
35XL is a great little lens. My only issue is I use the rm3di with the Rotoback option this no rings on the lens and it’s hard to get out of the arcs at times.
Paul C

JeffK

Using mine on an actus g with a IQ3100 achromatic. Easily got 10mm of shift in each direction. *I use the CF. I merged the stitch in C1. There is soft vignetting that the software removes in the merge. I’m shooting landscapes, not architecture.

Since I’m using an achromatic, the colour casts don’t impact me.

vjbelle

The 35XL has one main advantage over any other WA lens for a DB and that is NO Distortion!! If you need lots of shift then you have to deal with distortion. However the 35XL will shift around 8mm in any direction without any smearing in the corners. I have lots of experience with this lens with many DB including my present 4150. You must know its limitations and its strengths. I would never sell mine.....

Victor B.

dchew

It is a little bit wider than the 40hr. The 40 is really 42mm, and the 35xl is really 36mm. It is the primary reason I like the 35xl: I prefer the 24mm equivalent vs the 40hr's 27mm equivalent. I think the 35xl is great on the 4150, as long as you don't expect to shift to much (as others have said). I still don't use it all that much, just because I don't usually shoot that wide. Here are a few examples on the 3100:

And the 4150:

Dave