The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pointing the GFX 100 straight downward with the 120mm macro

JK12

My work requires my camera to be point straight downward for days at a time from the likes of a heavy-duty stand. In the past I've used Hasselblad H-series cameras with their 120mm macro (a heavy set-up) and it worked fine.

I'm currently using a Fuji GFX 100 to do the same... but because the lens sits somewhat up from the from the bottom as opposed to centered on the body along with the bottom of the camera itself not having a serious metal plate like the Hasselblad, I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on stability of the lens-mount and the camera in general.

Thus far it seems to be working well enough. I am using a RRS bracket coupled into a long Hejnar clamp. It's on one of the large Manfrotto stands (9ft').

Anyhow, if this seem like a bad idea to anyone or has a better suggestion as to how it's clamped please feel free to share. Thanks!

Jordan

Paul2660

Should be fine, lens is a bit heavy but the mount seems solid enough. Only issue I have the 120mm Macro is the fact that the OIS element moves around when the lens in on camera and camera is off.

Paul C

rjp85

The mount should be more than strong enough for a 2.2 pound lens, considering the Sigma 40mm 1.4 ART for Canon/Nikon is even heavier, and doesn't even come with a lens collar.

I think more than 3 pounds is where you would need additional support.