The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portraits of Your Gear

cunim

All of this was on one shelf, waiting to be used. Hasn't happened in quite a while and probably never will. I swear, if I leave these things alone on a shelf they breed and then stick their little offspring into my drawers. That's where the real mess is.

stuff.jpg

lookbook

All of this was on one shelf, waiting to be used. Hasn't happened in quite a while and probably never will. I swear, if I leave these things alone on a shelf they breed and then stick their little offspring into my drawers. That's where the real mess is.
... I also think this is quite normal!
do not worry ...

f6cvalkyrie

I see some interesting stuff there Godfrey, but I'm most intrigued by a box which contains "antigravity", does that stuff provide negative gravity or just zero gravity? ;)
Pieter,

that box must for certain contain this :

pdf_09b21800-8a9e-012d-4a18-0050569439b1.jpg

Stay safe, and away from that contraption,

Rafael

Nokton48

ELM CFV16 Digital Back 50mm Dist Ready To Roll by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I've got my Hasselblad EL/M Body playing nicely with my new Hasselblad CFV16 Digital Back. I am finding that I prefer the Standard Central Cross Screen, with a drop-in mask 3D printed in Italy. Easiest to see sharp focus across the entire field using these. I sold off my black T* Distagon years ago, now I have a nice one back in the fold, a 50mm Hood is coming ina few days. Batteries and CF Cards sorted, I have plenty. My olde CDS Meter works great with the CFV16, reads out directly in EV's, which was the idea with the olde lenses. Running the CDS Meter on an MR9 and 386 power combo, it seems to be TTL accurate with the CFV16. This is going to be great FUN, I'm sure I'll be using my Blads more with this fat pixel back. If I like something I might even shoot it on 120 film as a choice! The Rubber Eyecup is from the Kiev 60 Meter Prism, I gathered up a bunch of them, back in my Wedding Daze.

Nokton48

My stash of 70mm 24 exp rolls 05 2022 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My recent purchase of a CFV16 Hasselblad Digital Back has renewed my interest in Hasselblads. Out in the field I can shoot digitally, then switch to 70mm, maybe one or two emulsions at a time. No need to look at frame counters, which is kinda liberating.

70mm Kodak Surveillance Film by Nokton48, on Flickr

My plan for this shooting year, Plus-X Pan (the original stuff), Kodak WL Surveillance Film, Agfa Aviphot 200 (Rollei 400s), and HP5 Plus. The Aviphot and the HP5+ are fresh film. I shoot a lot of expired film too, no real differences. I have collected, cleaned and dusted, added blue tape, to my remaining stock of Kodak 70mm Cartridges. All of these cartridges are complete, including the silver inner clip. It is important that the film go completely into the exposed cartridge, without damaging the film transport. My plan is to load 24 exposures including header and leader, which I can develop on a Unicolor Uniroller, using my JOBO 2500 with modified 120 reels, or my Patterson which holds two 24 exp 70mm modifed reels. I bought up, cleaned up, and modified another Unicolor Uniroller, this one has continuous one way rotation.

Last edited:

Nokton48

Arca Swiss Stovepipe 4x5 A S 9x12cm Film Holder SK Grimes 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

S K Grimes manufactured this 4x5 Graphic Film Holder, it's a new and different design, for Plaubel Makiflexes. Here is Makiflex Auto #3 with the Schneider barrel 270mm Tele-Xenar. The Film holder is Arca Swiss 9x12cm Film Holder, you cannot remove the darkslide until it is on the camera. The S K Grimes Adapter is solid and virtually light leak proof. The Stovepipe is also 4x5 Arca Swiss, the Monocular Eyepiece swivels up or back. Very High Eyepoint view with a nice black border. So for 9x9cm images on 9x12cm sheet film, this will be one of my main go-to setups. And as Plaubel used to say "Every Studio Needs a Reflex Camera".

Nokton48

CFV16 80 PLANAR 500CM 283 XTC SOFTBOX by Nokton48, on Flickr

My olde event camera (25th Anniversary 500C/M) with CdS Prism finder, exposures through it are quite accurate TTL. Also updated with Hasselblad CFV16 fat pixel Digital Back. Fresh batteries and charger ordered from B&H, Card Adapter ordered from the UK (excellent suggestion!), Micro Phone Cards from local Walmart. Added the Focus Levers on all my V lenses. Ready for fat pixel Digital fun. I have discovered I have a nearly complete set of Blad Diopters, for the CdS Finder. So now I will be able to sharpen up the viewfinder (to my eye). Helpful as focus is tricky to nail with this thing. The Cross Matte Finder is a no-go, I'm switching back to the Acute CFV16 Focus Screen that came with this package. The Matte Cross Screen shines with the long Tom V lenses.

Last edited:

Nokton48

Komura 75mm F6.3 Peco Profia Darkroom Store Viewing Hood by Nokton48, on Flickr

Komura 75mm F6.3 Seiko had a bad cable socket, which Mac at Camtronics was able to replace. So now the cable release fits tightly with no wobble, and I can use the lens. Nice and bright and very sharp to look through. It is in the Plaubel catalogs so it was recommended for the Peco Profia. To complete using it, an Ednalite Magnifer, and a vinyl lightproof hood, from Fred Newman/Darkroom Store, make for very pleasant viewing. I can back my head up, and see the entire screen at once. This can be a feat with LF wideangle lenses. This one is SWEET to look through, plan to do some upcoming shoots with it. Octabox 150 David Maheu background. I just bought six new ones from David, he was closing them out.

Nokton48

65mm F6.8 Schneider Angulon Compur on Peco Junior by Nokton48, on Flickr

A 30.5mm Lens Hood arrived for my freshly overhauled 65mm F6.8 Schneider Angulon lens. This is right out of the Plaubel catalogs of the day, mounted on correct Recessed Peco Junior Board. Fun to look through, I enjoy using Angulons, and this one is so tiny! This one will be getting some use in the field, when I want to travel light with view camera. That's my Swiveling Magnifier Hood, camera takes Makina Backs 6.5x9cm, and plates as well. Yellow 30.5mm Filter is comin'.