The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Raw files from Sinar eMotion

buildbot

@buildbot Thank you for doing the windows :) I have a Sinar 54H, and recently bought an eVolution 75H. Christoph Fries at macconsult.de was very helpful, and got me the reference files. I've been busy, and haven't shot with it yet. I plan to do so in the next couple of weeks. I use Windows, except when I'm using the Sinar backs. Would the Windows tool work with files from these two cameras?

Thanks,
Kumar
Hi Kumar, unfortunately I think for the 54M/H and 75H you might be stuck with macOS - those backs only work tethered via firewire to my knowledge, via captureshop and maybe captureflow studio (I am not sure if it still supports the older tether only backs, will test it out as I have both a 54m and 75h.)

I have been planning on trying to create my own version of the sinar action module to power and drive these backs without the original software, but it is a mich larger endeavor than this software for sure - I need to reverse engineer the firewire protocol that they use which will be a lot of work I assume. I do have this to help but have yet to actually try it…
95AE338E-0BD4-419F-8C7F-60541F320D0B.jpeg

JKNIGHT

@elstv
Took me longer than expected, but I finished a simple GUI interface for processing the .IA files from emotion 22 and 75 backs to DNGs:

View attachment 197410

It uses the .BR and .WR reference files the backs automatically create to correct the shot noise and CCD splits respectively.

Do you have a mac or PC? Right now I have it built just for mac, but I can create a windows build as well.

Would love to get some early feedback on it!

JKNIGHT

@elstv
Took me longer than expected, but I finished a simple GUI interface for processing the .IA files from emotion 22 and 75 backs to DNGs:

View attachment 197410

It uses the .BR and .WR reference files the backs automatically create to correct the shot noise and CCD splits respectively.

Do you have a mac or PC? Right now I have it built just for mac, but I can create a windows build as well.

Would love to get some early feedback on it!
I tried to process my Sinar IA files but the application crashed.

buildbot

Hmm I have like, no logging enabled as I am very silly - one thing that might be it is if the .BR files and .WR are not in the same directory? It needs those to correct the CCD splits and shot noise.

elstv

Did it crash to desktop or just become inactive?
First time I used it I thought it had crashed but it was actually just processing. Maybe check task manager for activity as their is no indication from tha app that it is working.