The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Russian-sourced Olympus rumors?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't know if it compromises still images, but video could come out like this cool but bizarre helicopter shot... the "wobble" effect is caused by the fact that the image is scanned sequentially down the sensor ("rolling shutter") rather than all at once as on a real video camera.
These are early days. They'll find a way to deal with it sooner or later.

O

olyinaz

as for video... well how does taking the stream of digits that make up your live view and sending them somewhere else compromise the quality of the picture you take. Thats just digital processing power nothing else. it doesnt change the optics.

Exactly. I can't understand how having a feature, even one that one doesn't use, is a bad thing as long as it doesn't drive the design in directions that are negative in other ways.

I expect the G1HD to produce videos that are even better than the HD videos that my Canon TX1 produces and, if so, that's a good thing because I love the family videos that I capture with my TX1. I already like my G1 very much indeed so adding another, welcome, feature to it strikes me as all gain and zero loss.

Regards,
Oly