The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

slow day here...

P1505C

Today it rained. I was in a windowless room all day on Teams calls. I decided to test the "megapixels dont matter" argument by printing an image shot on my OG Canon 5D. Megapixels do matter. IT's slow enough of a day I decided to share the obvious. I'm now going back to Teams calls for another hour.

pegelli

Hey guys, no worries, I spent three weeks with my dear better half touring France, Andorra and the north of Spain in a camper, no time for internet, but more time to enjoy nature and some cities/villages along the way (walking and bicycling). So stay tuned for some images of this wonderful trip in several threads.

Godfrey

All too reminiscent of reality. You know we've turned an edge when a table with four young people is silent, every one of them chatting with the other three by txting rather than talking, and not looking at each other. :eek:

G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
All too reminiscent of reality. You know we've turned an edge when a table with four young people is silent, every one of them chatting with the other three by txting rather than talking, and not looking at each other. :eek:

G
It may be the end of humanity as we know it. It contributes to lower birth rates, it encourages people not to think, not to reason, and it deprives young people of learning to communicate with other humans. The people that they communicate with on their phones may or may not be humans. In 30 years, few people will care.

Some of my friends say things like "It's just a different time, it was the same with TV when it arrived". No, it was not the same with TV. People gathered around TVs and talked, had tacos and snacks, and the day after, they discussed the programmes with their friends. Mobile phones isolate people completely from other people and from reality. It's also much more addictive than a TV (or a desktop computer) ever was.

Thorkil

It may be the end of humanity as we know it. It contributes to lower birth rates, it encourages people not to think, not to reason, and it deprives young people of learning to communicate with other humans. The people that they communicate with on their phones may or may not be humans. In 30 years, few people will care.

Some of my friends say things like "It's just a different time, it was the same with TV when it arrived". No, it was not the same with TV. People gathered around TVs and talked, had tacos and snacks, and the day after, they discussed the programmes with their friends. Mobile phones isolate people completely from other people and from reality. It's also much more addictive than a TV (or a desktop computer) ever was.
Well spoken Jørgen !!
KR Thorkil