The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Solidarity with Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This is essential. Jacques Baud is a former Swiss intelligence officer, senior United Nations official, and NATO advisor, also in Ukraine. Here’s a recent talk on YouTube with him regarding the Ukraine conflict:

Here are a couple of articles that he has written on the conflict:

https://www.sott.net/article/466340...Know-What-Has-Been-And-is-Going-on-in-Ukraine

pegelli

Interesting article but despite the writer's extensive qualifications he lost credibility in my eyes when he said "However, let us remember that there were never any Russian troops in the Donbass before 23-24 February 2022." which is very far from the truth. There is plenty independent evidence that there has been an ongoing Russian military presence in the Donbass and Luhansk region, the Russians gave them weapons, trained them on the ground and even operated the more difficult equipment. Wether you call these people Russian troops or Russian military advisors is I think semantics. So since I believe he's not truthful on something that is so easily veryfiable how much should we trust his other points that are harder (or impossible) to verify? Reading from multiple sources is still paramount to get the whole picture.

B.t.w. reading an article you quote is fine, but I'm not interested in watching 40 minute youtube video's, too much talk by people who's hobby it seems to be to listen to their own voice and only stop to hear their own echo.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interesting article but despite the writer's extensive qualifications he lost credibility in my eyes when he said "However, let us remember that there were never any Russian troops in the Donbass before 23-24 February 2022." which is very far from the truth. There is plenty independent evidence that there has been an ongoing Russian military presence in the Donbass and Luhansk region, the Russians gave them weapons, trained them on the ground and even operated the more difficult equipment. Wether you call these people Russian troops or Russian military advisors is I think semantics. So since I believe he's not truthful on something that is so easily veryfiable how much should we trust his other points that are harder (or impossible) to verify? Reading from multiple sources is still paramount to get the whole picture.

B.t.w. reading an article you quote is fine, but I'm not interested in watching 40 minute youtube video's, too much talk by people who's hobby it seems to be to listen to their own voice and only stop to hear their own echo.
I don't know if the were Russian troops in Donbass. I haven't been to Ukraine. Jacques Baud has, and it's his business to know these things. He was an intelligence officer, and he worked for NATO, remember? I choose to believe him rather than those who haven't been there. What he also claims is that much of the weapons that the separatists have come from Ukrainian soldiers who deflected to the separatist army. There's a lot of propaganda on both sides, so it's difficult to know. Western countries have also denied that there were NATO forces on the ground in Ukraine. According to WSJ a few days ago, up to 6 NATO countries have had troops in Ukraine, starting in 2008, for "training purposes".

If you don't want to spend 40 minutes listening to what the man says, that's your choice. I prefer that to the endless propaganda coming from both sides of this war, although I have to listen to that too. There's always some truth behind the lies.

But all this is nitpicking. The reality is that this is another proxy war, and that the Ukrainians are being killed in a conflict they aren't really part of. It's mostly about western expansion against what the Russians see as an existential threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.