The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Suggestions for Medium Format Camera with CCD Sensor. DISREGARD This Thread

Pieter 12

I am very happy with the results from my Leaf AFi-II 7 (a 33MP back). Since no one else makes a back right now for the Hy6, I guess I'm lucky I have a film back too--which is how I use the camera 90% of the time anyway. Just like having the digital option for color work.

MartinN

Oh no sorry - not that I know of! I mean usable in general (if you need repairs, you might just need to buy a new one!).
What would be the reason to repair an old deprecated back ? Phase would charge a few thousands for opening and popping in a new circuit board. Now, the situation is damned, because those easily self-destructing boards (think Leaf) were not made for the demand when the firewire board fails every few years, or the clock battery is depleted or …

buildbot

What would be the reason to repair an old deprecated back ? Phase would charge a few thousands for opening and popping in a new circuit board. Now, the situation is damned, because those easily self-destructing boards (think Leaf) were not made for the demand when the firewire board fails every few years, or the clock battery is depleted or …
Anything AFI related is probably worth repairing given the rarity of Hy6 backs still, I have been trying to get a AFI-7 II working myself...

MartinN

Anything AFI related is probably worth repairing given the rarity of Hy6 backs still, I have been trying to get a AFI-7 II working myself...
I’m waiting for the independent repairman fixing my Aptus 22. But could not wait so I have an ordered an Aptus 17 and am crossing my fingers. The firewire boards could possibly be interchangeable.

Pieter 12

I heard a rumor the DW Photo folks are working on adapting a contemporary digital back for the Hy6. Unfortunately, at the pace there it might be a while. It will certainly be expensive and low production levels when and if it does happen.