The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

takomaru

'The Weight of Our Sins', Bishops Palace, Wells.
Gandolfi, terrific sculpture and thanks for the shot, the memory and the reminder of a great Brazilian sculptress who found her way afar from home. I was sorry to hear of her death and did look for other pieces I had not seen, Josefina was simply terrific...regards, takomaru

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Gandolfi, terrific sculpture and thanks for the shot, the memory and the reminder of a great Brazilian sculptress who found her way afar from home. I was sorry to hear of her death and did look for other pieces I had not seen, Josefina was simply terrific...regards, takomaru
Takomaru,

Thanks.

Indeed a terrific sculpture, and of course I should have mentioned her name, Josefina de Vasconcellos.

Lived in Cumbria to 101 years old, and still producing great humane work just months before she died in 2005.

All the best,
gandolfi.

takomaru

Takomaru,

Thanks.

Indeed a terrific sculpture, and of course I should have mentioned her name, Josefina de Vasconcellos.

Lived in Cumbria to 101 years old, and still producing great humane work just months before she died in 2005.

All the best,
gandolfi.
Gandolfi;

I know, the 1st piece I saw was Escape to Light in Cumbria, then was able to see a few more examples of her work in different parts in Cumbria. Loved her work, sculpture is an amazing art expression, regardless of the media; thanks for the post, always checking here....

Regards, takomaru

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
From inside the Tre Oci gallery on Guidecca looking across toward the Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute.

Tre Oci have great photo displays. I saw a show of Werner Bischof photographs:thumbs:

bensonga

Excellent photos Vivek! I think it is worth noting these were taken with your A7rII(m)....the monochrome sensor conversion done by Daniel Morrison at Monochromeimaging.com. Daniel finished the mono conversion of my A7 yesterday and shipped it to me today, so I will receive it in a few days. I'm anxious to give it a try, although I certainly won't get as many wonderful B&W street photos as you have captured with your A7rII(m).

Gary

Olympus OM 50/1.8.

Wide open:
Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

±f/4:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

The Hague​

V

Vivek

Gary, Thanks. :)

Yes, they were captured using my A7rII(m), monochrome camera. It is amazing that even the humble Olympus OM 50/1.8 is capable of producing such stunning images.

I find Daniel Morrison at monochromeimaging.com an amazing person who takes pride in his work. Simply superb! :clap:

Looking forward to your A7(m) captures! :)

scho

Snowed in and just watching our annual winter "Snow Cake" getting it's first serious layer today. A6000M + Sony 16-50 PZ + B+W 486 UV/IR cut filter.

scho

Gary, Thanks. :)

Yes, they were captured using my A7rII(m), monochrome camera. It is amazing that even the humble Olympus OM 50/1.8 is capable of producing such stunning images.

I find Daniel Morrison at monochromeimaging.com an amazing person who takes pride in his work. Simply superb! :clap:

Looking forward to your A7(m) captures! :)
Thanks Vivek and Gary for the heads up on this conversion service. I contacted Daniel and tomorrow I'll send him my old A7RFS that was already converted by LifePixel for full spectrum use and Daniel will now finish the conversion to monochrome by removing the CFA. It will still be full spectrum, but now pure monochrome for IR/Visible use only.

V

Vivek

Thanks Vivek and Gary for the heads up on this conversion service. I contacted Daniel and tomorrow I'll send him my old A7RFS that was already converted by LifePixel for full spectrum use and Daniel will now finish the conversion to monochrome by removing the CFA. It will still be full spectrum, but now pure monochrome for IR/Visible use only.
Hi Carl,

I am still trying to find the limits of my A7rII(m) and outfit it with filters and accs.

Though I have an A7R, A7 and A7S, I bought an A7rII specifically for the monochrome conversion. i am very happy with that choice. The 42mp BSI sensor without Bayer/CFA is just awesome!

scho

Hi Carl,

I am still trying to find the limits of my A7rII(m) and outfit it with filters and accs.

Though I have an A7R, A7 and A7S, I bought an A7rII specifically for the monochrome conversion. i am very happy with that choice. The 42mp BSI sensor without Bayer/CFA is just awesome!
Wonderful Vivek. Looking forward to seeing more of your images from this camera.

rjones

Daniel just returned to me a monochrome conversion of an A7R3. It is fantastic; he did a great job. I hope to post some images soon.

V

Vivek

Looking forward to it!

Wow! 4 full frame mono cameras here! :clap:

At this rate, we may be able to persuade Sony to come up with a monochrome mirrorless cam!

bensonga

A few of my first shots taken today with the Sony A7 I had converted to a monochrome sensor by Daniel Morrison at monochromeimaging.com.

For these images I simply processed the JPG files until I figure out how to best handle the RAW files. I'm looking forward to using this camera, although it is unlikely I will ever get results as impressive as Vivek or others have achieved due to my own lower photographic abilities.

Gary

Sony A7(m) and FE 85/1.8 lens

Last edited: