The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The great tripod & head thread!

kparseg

I bought a ProMediaGear tripod and while it was beautifully made, I did not like the narrow leg angle. Too narrow. I also didn’t care for the knurled aluminum leg locks. They look beautiful, but are sub-optimal in actual use. Cold as heck in cold weather, too easily banged up. I ended up returning it after one outing with it. The real deal-breaker was the too narrow leg angle. After using other premium brands of tripods, the PMG felt less stable / tippy when working around it. I found this a real shame, because in all other respects it was a beautiful, well made, piece of gear.

Rand
Rand, I believe PMG increased the tripod leg angle to 24° about a year ago or so.

Karo

anyone

Does anyone have experience with Feisol tripods? On my quest for ultralight hiking tripods I came across their CT-3332 and CT-3342 offerings, which seem to be fairly interesting weight-wise.

rdeloe

Does anyone have experience with Feisol tripods? On my quest for ultralight hiking tripods I came across their CT-3332 and CT-3342 offerings, which seem to be fairly interesting weight-wise.
I have a CT-3441T. It's quite good. It's held up over a lot of years of use.