The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica Picture Thread

Knorp

Hi Bart and Carl, I see both of you using several "non-rangefinder" lenses on your M-bodies (in this thread and others). Do you use the EVF or just live view? How do you like this method? My current tactic is to only use my M with rangefinder coupled lenses and use everything without a rangefinder coupling on my Sony A7ii or A7Rii since I find both EVF (EVF2 in my case) as well as live view of my M too clunky, but I'm wondering what I am missing 🧐
R-lenses perhaps ... ;)
But agreed, an M with EVF is kind of clunky alright, but to use the LCD I do need my reading glasses. And believe you me that's really kinky ... :ROFLMAO:

scho

R-lenses perhaps ... ;)
But agreed, an M with EVF is kind of clunky alright, but to use the LCD I do need my reading glasses. And believe you me that's really kinky ... :ROFLMAO:
Same here. I use the Visoflex 2 with R lenses on the M11 and also with ultra wide M lenses and the 135 APO M. Leica could have increased the quality of the Visoflex for the price they are charging, but that is classic Leica. If I'm working on a tripod then I could get by with readers and the LCD in LV mode.

scho

Put the M11 on my Cambo Actus to test some lenses. This is with the Pentax-A 645 55/2.8. Used some rise/fall for composing two shots that were stitched in LR. Focus was on the old sugar maple ISO 64 f/11. Image reduced by 50% for upload.

Knorp

Put the M11 on my Cambo Actus to test some lenses. This is with the Pentax-A 645 55/2.8. Used some rise/fall for composing two shots that were stitched in LR. Focus was on the old sugar maple ISO 64 f/11. Image reduced by 50% for upload.

Do you use an adapter to attach the M to the Cambo, Carl ?

scho

Bart,

The camera attaches via an interchangeable bayonet on the rear standard support plate. The lever on the side is for rotating the camera between portrait and landscape orientation. The geared knob on the support is for adjusting rise/fall. If you are frequently changing camera types then you can purchase additional support plates with the appropriate bayonet mount or otherwise just buy extra bayonets that simply screw onto the plate.

Last edited:

Knorp

Bart,

The camera attaches via an interchangeable bayonet on the rear standard support plate. The lever on the side is for rotating the camera between portrait and landscape orientation. The geared knob on the support is for adjusting rise/fall. If you are frequently changing camera types then you can purchase additional support plates with the appropriate bayonet mount or otherwise just buy extra bayonets that simply screw onto the plate.

I see, but cameras with a deep grip, like the 100II, won't fit, right ?

scho

There is a different bayonet holder for the GFX series. I used the 50r and 100s w/o problems, but don't know about the 100ii. Check with Steve Hendrix.

GFX

Last edited: