The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where is the X1D ????

ddanois

I have a standard edition X1D and XCD 45mm lens that I will make available to anyone who is waiting for their order to be fulfilled (in the US). I was on a wait list for the 4116 Edition and one of those just became available. I have until February 20 to return the standard edition X1D but will do it next week (to keep the credit card from exploding) if no one steps up. Contact me by PM or through my website if you're interested.

Update: I put an ad on the Buy/Sell forum for anyone interested. Prices are the same as I paid.

Joe
Now you're my hero Joe!

Love the all black look :)

bab

Please drop an email to Hasselblad requesting integrated step focusing it's been on the request list and the more people that ask the faster they might complete the firmware update including it.
Send email to Hasselblad

Last edited by a moderator:
Erik, you should have bought Joe's extra. I would have delivered it to you! My serial number was in the 350's just for context. Not sure where it was in the batch that just shipped out, Joe do you remember the general area of the number that your silver one was?

Chris1977

Got the long awaited email today! My X1D and the 45mm are ready for me, the 30mm is still to come. Should have them by the beginning of next week. Can't wait!

tashley

Subscriber Member
They don't actually have any stock, just a demo unit :)

I talked to them weeks ago and they were clearly ill-informed and of the opinion that they could get new units in to fill orders quickly.

In my experience of that outlet, they usually price things too richly, but sometimes they make a mistake. They are rarely very knowledgeable but one of the sales guys knows some of game. However their demo unit is still running FW from the ark.

hcubell

I talked to them weeks ago and they were clearly ill-informed and of the opinion that they could get new units in to fill orders quickly.

In my experience of that outlet, they usually price things too richly, but sometimes they make a mistake. They are rarely very knowledgeable but one of the sales guys knows some of game. However their demo unit is still running FW from the ark.
Tim, when you go to a dealer and YOU have to update the firmware for them, you know you are in the wrong place.
BTW, whatever happened to the X1D that was supposed to show up for you just as you were headed out on vacation?

algrove

Tim, when you go to a dealer and YOU have to update the firmware for them, you know you are in the wrong place.
BTW, whatever happened to the X1D that was supposed to show up just as you were headed out on vacation?
When he posted that he didn't realize he was talking about his 2018 Winter vacation.

The dealer told me they updated it just the other day when the new FW came out, but their FW was so old you could not move the AF point. That's when I left :)

tashley

Subscriber Member
BTW, whatever happened to the X1D that was supposed to show up for you just as you were headed out on vacation?
It was a no-show, sadly. Most recent update was a couple of weeks ago, when they said 'last week of Feb' - which is what they said in November, December and January....

tashley

Subscriber Member
Just a short update: having heard today from my dealer that not only is my delivery not going to make the 'end of month' delivery slot promised but that they cannot at this time give any date, I decided to write an email to Hasselblad's CEO and explain in clear terms how I am currently disposed towards the brand.

So I went to their website in order to get the right name and email address.

Guess what? Their 'Corporate' section still lists Perry Oosting as CEO.

ASTONISHING. Having established that they don't know their a** from their elbow it now turns out that they don't know who their own CEO is. You couldn't make this stuff up. I can only assume that they are paying peanuts.