The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Zoom Lens for D810

rollsman44

I want a zoom that I can use wide to portrait size. Would you recommend the Nikon 24-120 F4 VR? If not what can you recommend. Skin tones are important to me and overall IQ
I shoot F5.6-8 Never Wide open. TY I shoot with strobes

Last edited:

jlancasterd

My expensive choice would be the Leica R 28-90. The old R glass is something to behold. Only two drawbacks are price and no AF
I had the 28-90 on an R8 with a digital back until Leica stopped supporting that system and did some very satisfactory work with it.

Thorkil

I remember the F 24-120 to be rather unsharp at the long end
If you just could step up to an ordinary Z7 camera you would have two ok splendid lenses
the Z 24-120, but busy bokeh.
but perhaps better the handy and light Z 24-200, which is not that bad at all, even though not razor sharp at the long end