The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why did you buy your latest camera?

BigBoy

I was just wondering. I bought Hasselblad X1D because of how cheap it was and the Hasselblad colors. Shooting with the X1D in the last month makes it hard for me to look at other cameras the same.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Because it was there.

….

ok, I really like ibis for focusing and CI was taking preorders for the X2D that day, and I was closing on an apartment that day, so the dollar amount seemed tiny 🤪. It’s close to perfect for me now that it has focus peaking.

Last edited:

pegelli

Because I wanted a M-mount digital camera as well as dedicated monochrome camera and found a good deal that ticked both boxes in one camera

4season

I felt an immediate rightness about the way the controls fell into place under my fingers, the almost intuitive operation, and the numerous little touches which elevated the shooting experience, from the quiet yet precise "click" of the controls, to the uncluttered finder which allows me to shoot in a more thoughtful and deliberate manner. I knew immediately that, despite it's price tag, it would be my "forever" camera, and would ultimately be my most economical move, as I'd be stepping off the camera-upgrade carousel. In fact, not buying it would have been downright foolish (cough cough) ... alright I admit it, "because it was there".

f6cvalkyrie

The last camera I bought was part of a deal ... I wanted an upgrade for my MFDB (a P30+ on a P1 DF) and I found a seller on E-Bay who had a set for sale, P1DF, IQ140, and a P1 80mm/f2,8 LS for 2 kEuro ... the camera and the lens I had already, but it was the back that I was after ... however the seller didn't want to split the set at that moment, but he agreed to sell me the whole set for just 1600 Euro. And, as the seller was a "local", just 17km from where I live, I happily drove home with a new camera, the back, and a lens upgrade ... and he threw in 5 accus to finalise the sale ... happy days ...

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Bought a Leica SL2-S with a 2.8/24-70 Elmarit and an M adapter because it allows me to use all my M lenses and the L-mount became just so versatile with all the offerings from Leica, Sigma and Panasonic. Could not be happier :)

Paratom

because I wanted it and I expected to have fun to use it and it would work well for my type of photography.

Geoff

Just to put a bit of meat on these bones -
- sometimes its a well thought through decision, need it to do XYZ, has to check these boxes, OK it does, fine.
- sometimes its impulsive - it does this one thing so well, and it makes one happy, and you find the other boxes clicked later.

For me the M10M is sort of the latter - its just the perfect rendition of the M digital - and the fine BW lets one have a small traveling "arts" camera. Does it make super sense? No. But boy, it falls to hand nicely.

Sandokan

The Reid and Sigrist has been on my wish list for some time and when my dealer had one in stock (with Taylor lens and leather case and UVa filter), my resistance lasted almost 0.4s

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I bought am M11-P to keep company with my M11 because I travel to a lot places way off the beaten track where a breakdown would leave me camera-less. Whether in Canada's Arctic or South Africa's Kruger, I have to have a back up.
That's my excuse anyway.