The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Z14-24S ctr Z14-30S

Thorkil

..for those considering to upgrade from a Z14-30/4S to Z14-24/2.8S (as I do), take a look here at some calculations I made, sitting in the same consideration
The red figures are where the 14-24S outresolve the 14-30 with more than +25% lines being resolved

Point is, in my eyes, that the 14-24S is just outstanding at 14mm. Here the 14-30 don't even have a chance in the mid and corners. But center is ok.
BUT turn the 14-30 to 16mm and keep it in the area f5.6-f8 you have a very decent lens and the ultimate light, small and nice to carry around wide lens.
And even in the "long" end you have a very decent lens in the 14-30S at 24-30mm keeping it between f4-f8.
Only centerwise the 14-24 is outstanding at 24mm.
Thorkil

Last edited: