Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: General thoughts about S1 and/or S1R

Post Thanks / Like

Re: General thoughts about S1 and/or S1R

It seems China is also manufacturing the Lumix S1/S1r.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
    What are the chances of a negative review? Reviewers will be falling all over themselves to see who can come up with the most superlatives. Wait a while for comments on the forums from actual users before deciding whether or not to take the plunge. Besides, the only Panasonic lenses currently available are the 24-105 f4 and 70-200 f4. The 50 f1.4 is a preorder (and costs a fortune). The Sigmas are preorder too. I suppose someone may put a Leica L lens on a Panasonic but I bet most will just wait for the SL2.
    The 50/1.4 is shipping now actually and it seems to be ďfairly pricedĒ for what it is. The Sigmaís are slated for a Q4 2019 release.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    Where are all the reviews? These are in stock with most dealers now.
    There are some YouTube ďreviewsĒ but Iíd take most of them with a grain of salt since many of them are done on pre-production firmware. There are more being worked on that I know of from a few more credible sources but in reality thereís only so much I take from any review. I tend to know what works for me better than others. I donít mind seeing impressions of the objective performance but other than that most of them are just a very small piece of how I view a camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iiiNelson View Post
    The 50/1.4 is shipping now actually and it seems to be “fairly priced” for what it is.
    I don't know what it is other than a 50mm f/1.4 lens. I haven't seen any information about it other than the price.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what it is other than a 50mm f/1.4 lens. I haven't seen any information about it other than the price.
    Iím not sure why youíd mention the costs without reading about it at all... as for the lens the highlights are as follows.

Designed to meet/exceed Zeiss Otus performance. Designed to be optimized for both photo and video. Minimal focus breathing (this is true of all LUMIX S lenses) for video usage. Autofocus speed designed to keep up with the 480 calculations per second of the LUMIX S cameras. Largest aspherical lens in a system camera of this type. Designed for smooth bokeh rendering. Designed to minimize ďcat-eyeĒ bokeh (though I have seen some in some shots personally).

we all would love premium lenses at knock-off prices but thatís just not reality. Lenses will get more expensive as radical new designs are made to accommodate higher resolution sensors.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure why you’d mention the costs without reading about it at all... as for the lens the highlights are as follows.

Designed to meet/exceed Zeiss Otus performance. Designed to be optimized for both photo and video. Minimal focus breathing (this is true of all LUMIX S lenses) for video usage. Autofocus speed designed to keep up with the 480 calculations per second of the LUMIX S cameras. Largest aspherical lens in a system camera of this type. Designed for smooth bokeh rendering. Designed to minimize “cat-eye” bokeh (though I have seen some in some shots personally).

we all would love premium lenses at knock-off prices but that’s just not reality. Lenses will get more expensive as radical new designs are made to accommodate higher resolution sensors.
    What is the source of your information?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the source of your information?
    The internet... Google it. Read it. Watch videos on it. There's a wealth of information if you choose to absorb it.

Post Thanks / Like

The internet... Google it. Read it. Watch videos on it. There's a wealth of information if you choose to absorb it.
    I generally avoid YouTube reviews. You have to wade through so much blathering on to get to any useful information it is just not worth the time and effort. I have read some written reviews, but none of them contain any objective testing, mostly just regurgitation of specifications and marketing hype aimed at ratcheting up your GAS. I'll wait for something more definitive before drawing conclusions.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I generally avoid YouTube reviews. You have to wade through so much blathering on to get to any useful information it is just not worth the time and effort. I have read some written reviews, but none of them contain any objective testing, mostly just regurgitation of specifications and marketing hype aimed at ratcheting up your GAS. I'll wait for something more definitive before drawing conclusions.
    I can understand that for many people that do Youtube reviews but there are some consistent sources at well. The imaging Reaources written review has decent top level information and user impressions in it. Panasonic reps also are extremely active on social media and on some YouTube videos as well. Iíve posted some that have the product manager in them that talked about the design philosophy of the camera and lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all -

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know whether the S1R can tether to Capture One?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gerald.d View Post
    Hi all -

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but does anyone know whether the S1R can tether to Capture One?

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    Not a dumb question and Capture One support hasnít been added yet. Lightroom support was just added on Thursday... I suspect Capture One will come in the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a dumb question and Capture One support hasnít been added yet. Lightroom support was just added on Thursday... I suspect Capture One will come in the next few weeks.
    Many thanks - I will keep an eye out as this could be a great camera to put on my CAPCam.

I am a little concerned that no support will be forthcoming however, as it seems that Capture One doesn't support any Panasonic cameras at the moment.

Does the Lightroom tethering support live view, do you know?

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks - I will keep an eye out as this could be a great camera to put on my CAPCam.

I am a little concerned that no support will be forthcoming however, as it seems that Capture One doesn't support any Panasonic cameras at the moment.

Does the Lightroom tethering support live view, do you know?

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    I donít use any Adobe products personally so I donít know if Lightroom supports tether. In the past there was only native tether support for Canon, Nikon, and Leica S cameras so I donít know the current situation. This was my huge reason for investing further into Capture One - they support my Sony Cameras natively without additional paid plug-ins. I do know that thereís a Panasonic tethering app and you can probably set it up to work as a hot folder with Capture One. RAW support for LUMIX S cameras was just added today for version 12.0.3.

Lumix tether app: https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com...ther.html#page

Post Thanks / Like

I donít use any Adobe products personally so I donít know if Lightroom supports tether. In the past there was only native tether support for Canon, Nikon, and Leica S cameras so I donít know the current situation. This was my huge reason for investing further into Capture One - they support my Sony Cameras natively without additional paid plug-ins. I do know that thereís a Panasonic tethering app and you can probably set it up to work as a hot folder with Capture One. RAW support for LUMIX S cameras was just added today for version 12.0.3.

Lumix tether app: https://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com...ther.html#page
    Ahh fantastic. Thank you so much. Found a YouTube video about the app and it has live view - I think Iím all set

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh fantastic. Thank you so much. Found a YouTube video about the app and it has live view - I think Iím all set

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    No problem.

This is probably the most interesting set of cameras to me since the Sony A9/ Fuji GFX were announced and released. Iíll probably rent them if I canít get a demo copy to try out before I decide to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. Thereís always a fly in the ointment.

According to the review here, you canít use flash with multishot.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/digita...ix-s1r-review/

Really bizarre - and frustrating - oversight there. If anyone from Panasonic is reading this, please get in touch!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. There’s always a fly in the ointment.

According to the review here, you can’t use flash with multishot.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/digita...ix-s1r-review/

Really bizarre - and frustrating - oversight there. If anyone from Panasonic is reading this, please get in touch!

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    I don’t know if you’re on Facebook but they have several product managers and ambassadors that frequent the internet for feedback/feature requests. I’ve submitted a couple myself (High-speed shooting to 24fps output and manual focus direction options in the menu) that have reportedly been passed along to the LUMIX S team in Japan for potential future firmware update. I also know that they’ve passed along ProRES RAW requests because many production studios have adapted it as the standard for daily deliverables as well plus the reduction in data size compared to many other compressed formats is loved by many.

If not I don’t mind passing along the request in some of the groups that I know they frequent.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. Thereís always a fly in the ointment. According to the review here, you canít use flash with multishot.
    Would your flash recycle quickly enough between exposures?

Post Thanks / Like

I donít know if youíre on Facebook but they have several product managers and ambassadors that frequent the internet for feedback/feature requests. Iíve submitted a couple myself (High-speed shooting to 24fps output and manual focus direction options in the menu) that have reportedly been passed along to the LUMIX S team in Japan for potential future firmware update. I also know that theyíve passed along ProRES RAW requests because many production studios have adapted it as the standard for daily deliverables as well plus the reduction in data size compared to many other compressed formats is loved by many.

If not I donít mind passing along the request in some of the groups that I know they frequent.
    Thanks. I will attempt to connect with them on FB.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Profoto D1ís. It very much depends on the power and time beteeen the exposures. And also I assume on whether the camera would even trigger the flash for each exposure?

Hereís what was written in the review...

ďIf thereís one practical complaint I have about high-resolution mode, itís that it doesnít work with flash. Some cameras with multi-shot modes let you program a delay between each exposure so that a flash or studio strobe has a moment to recharge, but there is no such setting on the S1R.Ē

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe on lower power settings but we are talking about 8 exposures in about a second typically.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Profoto D1ís. It very much depends on the power and time beteeen the exposures. And also I assume on whether the camera would even trigger the flash for each exposure?

Hereís what was written in the review...

ďIf thereís one practical complaint I have about high-resolution mode, itís that it doesnít work with flash. Some cameras with multi-shot modes let you program a delay between each exposure so that a flash or studio strobe has a moment to recharge, but there is no such setting on the S1R.Ē

Kind regards,

Gerald.
    Cool, look for Sean Robinson or Tamar Stern on the member lists of the groups you join. Theyíre both regularly active on a near daily basis.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, it seems that the S1 is playing nicely with Voigtlander M-mount lenses. This isnít a huge surprise as I found that even the first generation Sony A7 played nicely with the CV 35/1.2 Nokton v2 and the 21/1.8 Ultron. What will be more interesting is if they play nicely with Leica Aspherical lenses... thatís where I saw the most issues with adapting.

https://youtu.be/uYCv5g__A0I

End of the day though there is impressive performance from these cameras. Of special consideration is the high ISO performance that doesnít just have reduced noise in the picture... a good amount of the color detail is actually retained in all of the lowlight pictures. Thatís whatís most special about the performance of these cameras IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't even know what an S1 is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Information ist eine HOLSCHULD

Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, it seems that the S1 is playing nicely with Voigtlander M-mount lenses. This isn’t a huge surprise as I found that even the first generation Sony A7 played nicely with the CV 35/1.2 Nokton v2 and the 21/1.8 Ultron. What will be more interesting is if they play nicely with Leica Aspherical lenses... that’s where I saw the most issues with adapting.

https://youtu.be/uYCv5g__A0I

End of the day though there is impressive performance from these cameras. Of special consideration is the high ISO performance that doesn’t just have reduced noise in the picture... a good amount of the color detail is actually retained in all of the lowlight pictures. That’s what’s most special about the performance of these cameras IMO.
    I would not place trust in any evaluation by Steve Huff. He also claims that he can communicate with the dead and sells devices for such purpose.

Huff Paranormal | I Record Clear voices of the Dead. Inventor of The Portal, Wonder Box and SoulSpeaker.
    Last edited by faberryman; 8th April 2019 at 13:16.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    Google is your friend... no need to remain in ignorance if you have an internet connection to gain knowledge.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not place trust in any evaluation by Steve Huff. He also claims that he can communicate will the dead and sells devices for such purpose.

Huff Paranormal | I Record Clear voices of the Dead. Inventor of The Portal, Wonder Box and SoulSpeaker.
    You donít have to trust him.

He posts pictures and there are enough sources to verify and validate across the internet. Unless there is a massive internet conspiracy his early impressions are mostly consistent with what other sources are reporting. Against the big takeaway is to ingest the information and decide if the results are consistent with what your eyes may or may not tell you.

Regarding his other interests... not my business whether or not he can actually confer with the dead through potentially occult practices. Not my thing and it brings no direct harm to me or my family.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not place trust in any evaluation by Steve Huff. He also claims that he can communicate will the dead and sells devices for such purpose.

I trust in his ability to tell what he likes about a camera and what not. This seems to be always pretty honest, even if I often do not share his findings. But he never says something bad a bout a product he does not know.

Hence I found his review very informative and I think I would feel the same about such a camera.

The communication with dead part - well one does not have to listen to everything. A professor of mine once said something very true - there is always something like an "OFF SWITCH" if some content is not to one's taste.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    I trust in his ability to tell what he likes about a camera and what not. This seems to be always pretty honest, even if I often do not share his findings. But he never says something bad a bout a product he does not know.

Hence I found his review very informative and I think I would feel the same about such a camera.

The communication with dead part - well one does not have to listen to everything. A professor of mine once said something very true - there is always something like an "OFF SWITCH" if some content is not to one's taste.
    Yeah I agree.

While I donít always share his exact feelings I can always respect his viewpoints and approach to not being overly negative - to the point he wonít even review a product that he doesnít genuinely like in order to not tear the product or product team down. He generally communicates with the manufacturer and privately shares his thoughts with them. I can respect that.

He also shares his workflow which puts everything into perspective as well. He uses the SL/S1 as a platform for his M-mount lenses near exclusively.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree.

While I don’t always share his exact feelings I can always respect his viewpoints and approach to not being overly negative - to the point he won’t even review a product that he doesn’t genuinely like in order to not tear the product or product team down. He generally communicates with the manufacturer and privately shares his thoughts with them. I can respect that.

He also shares his workflow which puts everything into perspective as well. He uses the SL/S1 as a platform for his M-mount lenses near exclusively.
    And what I like especially about that is to learn about his experiences with M lenses on a non-Leica camera. The S1 might just be a perfect and reasonably cheap solution for me to do exactly the same - finally shoot my M lenses again on a capable camera body and not have to pay the crazy high prizes for modern Leica M's or the Leica digital cameras

And maybe later, if I really like what I can get from an S1 I always can add some native L-mount lenses if I need/like.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

And what I like especially about that is to learn about his experiences with M lenses on a non-Leica camera. The S1 might just be a perfect and reasonably cheap solution for me to do exactly the same - finally shoot my M lenses again on a capable camera body and not have to pay the crazy high prizes for modern Leica M's or the Leica digital cameras

And maybe later, if I really like what I can get from an S1 I always can add some native L-mount lenses if I need/like.
    The only thing I’d caution is that Steve Huff mostly uses Voigtlander lenses and they generally have worked well on most cameras. I owned the CV 21/1.8, 28/2, 35/1.2v2 (still own this lens), and 50/1.5 in M-mount across time. The 21/1.8 and the 35/1.2v2 performed more or less flawlessly with the Sony cameras (even without a sensor stack conversion) IMO. The issue was with my aspherical Leica lenses that just didn’t work all that well. I owned the 24 Elmar, 35 Cron v5, 50 Lux, and 90 Pre-AA (which was excellent). The Zeiss ZM 50/2 Planar was also excellent on the Sony so it too is a great option that shouldn’t present issues if you adapt.

I’d be interested to see how all of those lenses performed but I’ve already read elsewhere that lens EXIF data and profiles don’t transfer across to the Panasonic with the Leica M to L adapter due to Leica M lens profiles not being built into the Panasonic firmware. Just something to consider if you decide to go this route. Maybe buy an inexpensive M to L adapter (if your dealer doesn’t carry them) to test your M lenses on the LUMIX S prior to purchase.

As for native L-lenses there will likely be f/2 options from Sigma in the future according to their newest interviews. The Panasonic lenses seem to be excellent as well... even their f/4 zooms. I can probably get by with the 3 lenses on the market right now for most things and I wouldn’t mind adding Leica APO-Summicron in 35 and 90 over time. I still haven’t owned another 35 as good as the 35 Cron v5. It’s the one lens I was most disappoint about not working great on my Sony bodies. I reluctantly sold it but I didn’t see myself ever investing in another Leica since I was put off slightly at the time at their direction which seems to have had something of a correction lately.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Huff's take: The Panasonic S1 vs Leica SL (High ISO test) with more to come ...
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Huff's take: The Panasonic S1 vs Leica SL (High ISO test) with more to come ...
    Thats what I posted above...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I posted above...
    Huh?! You did ?
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh?! You did ?
    LOL... yes... in post #123 which sparked the Steve Huff comments. No worries though. Itís decent insight on his experiences.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL... yes... in post #123 which sparked the Steve Huff comments. No worries though. Itís decent insight on his experiences.
    Okay - I see. Still, that was about Leica M lenses (The Panasonic S1 with Leica M lenses. It sees in the dark), while this time it's a (High ISO test) comparison between the S1 and the SL.
    Anyway, good to see L-mount products have Steve's attention ...
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay - I see. Still, that was about Leica M lenses (The Panasonic S1 with Leica M lenses. It sees in the dark), while this time it's a (High ISO test) comparison between the S1 and the SL.
    Anyway, good to see L-mount products have Steve's attention ...
    Yeah I know he went back to the SL, the EOS R, and a 1Dx2 not too long ago. Probably not my choices for cameras personally (though I did like the 1Dx cameras when Iíve used them in the past) but thatís not to say that any of her are bad.

Post Thanks / Like

A recipe for confirmation bias. Just listen to what you want to hear and don't listen to what you don't want to hear.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

A recipe for confirmation bias. Just listen to what you want to hear and don't listen to what you don't want to hear.
    I donít hear or see dead people...

Post Thanks / Like

I donít hear or see dead people...
    Maybe if you bought the device he is selling you would be able to. You believe him about corner performance of M lenses on the S1/S1R.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if you bought the device he is selling you would be able to. You believe him about corner performance of M lenses on the S1/S1R.
    Well I believe my eyes as it applies to performance on CV lenses. Iím not in the market for ghostbuster devices though. I donít dismiss his relevant content though because he happens to have some different hobbies. I donít know the man personally but from everything I do know about him, he seems like a decent man... and at the end of the day his other hobbies donít affect me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't read his blog nearly as much anymore after I discovered his theories on dead people. It is impossible to let his ideas on something that I find ridiculous not color my impression of his opinions. I think it is human nature and not necessarily a case of "just extract the parts you like" methodology.

Joel

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Does anyone here actually own an S1 or S1R?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by algrove View Post
    Does anyone here actually own an S1 or S1R?
    Algrove, I went to WPPI in February and played with the camera extensively over two days. I found the version of software at the time a bit buggy but really almost there. At the same time I tried all the others, Nikon Z, Canon R and Sony, but I kept going to the Panasonic. The lure of using the Leica L mount glass? The promise of Sigma Art lenses? I am a sucker for Leica glass and in the end wanted to be able to use my M glass on an image stabilized full frame body. While the Leica SL is a prime candidate for M glass, it lacked image stabilization and the cost was 2x more. I tried the Sony A7rIII with my 21 Summilux and the edges smeared so that knocked it off the list, Nikon Z, did not try with the M glass, no adapter readily available. Canon R, no in body IS and no adapter readily available.

Last weekend, Camera West had a launch event for the S1/S1r which I attended. The cameras were on v1.0 software and I was able to try it out with my M glass via the Leica T-M adapter. The camera behaved as I wanted it to, the edges had the same edge response as the M10 with the 21 Summilux. I ended up buying the S1 and 24-105 kit. Why? because it punched the most items off of my list. The L mount opens up a large number of high quality lenses, adapters to the Leica S lenses and M lenses all on an image stabilized platform. I opted to get the lower resolution body for two reasons, better high ISO performance and optimal file size for most of the subjects. I can opt for the high res multi shot for times that I really need that much resolution.
    Al Tanabe my website https://www.altanabe.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lloyd Chambers is putting S1R through its paces and found quite a few issues. I am not a subscriber and do not buy everything he says, but so far I have not seen any other thorough analysis of the system yet. Here are his objections:

- M glass does not work well on S1R
    - XQD card problems
    - issues with manual focus

He has also plenty of good things to say about S1R, it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atanabe View Post
    Algrove, I went to WPPI in February and played with the camera extensively over two days. I found the version of software at the time a bit buggy but really almost there. At the same time I tried all the others, Nikon Z, Canon R and Sony, but I kept going to the Panasonic. The lure of using the Leica L mount glass? The promise of Sigma Art lenses? I am a sucker for Leica glass and in the end wanted to be able to use my M glass on an image stabilized full frame body. While the Leica SL is a prime candidate for M glass, it lacked image stabilization and the cost was 2x more. I tried the Sony A7rIII with my 21 Summilux and the edges smeared so that knocked it off the list, Nikon Z, did not try with the M glass, no adapter readily available. Canon R, no in body IS and no adapter readily available.

Last weekend, Camera West had a launch event for the S1/S1r which I attended. The cameras were on v1.0 software and I was able to try it out with my M glass via the Leica T-M adapter. The camera behaved as I wanted it to, the edges had the same edge response as the M10 with the 21 Summilux. I ended up buying the S1 and 24-105 kit. Why? because it punched the most items off of my list. The L mount opens up a large number of high quality lenses, adapters to the Leica S lenses and M lenses all on an image stabilized platform. I opted to get the lower resolution body for two reasons, better high ISO performance and optimal file size for most of the subjects. I can opt for the high res multi shot for times that I really need that much resolution.
    Although, you've already purchased the S1, you might have wanted to wait on the M to Z adapter. I have the Novoflex M to Z and R to Z adapter on a Z7. I can say with enthusiasm that it's the best mirrorless for adapting M lenses I've ever used because of the very thin sensor stack. The ergonomics and weight are imo, much better than any Leica digital with IBIS, EFCS, peaking and zoom. Using f0.95 glass on this camera is amazing and accurate The 28mm Elmarit M, and 50mm 1.4 Lux are excellent on the Z.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    Although, you've already purchased the S1, you might have wanted to wait on the M to Z adapter. I have the Novoflex M to Z and R to Z adapter on a Z7. I can say with enthusiasm that it's the best mirrorless for adapting M lenses I've ever used because of the very thin sensor stack. The ergonomics and weight are imo, much better than any Leica digital with IBIS, EFCS, peaking and zoom. Using f0.95 glass on this camera is amazing and accurate The 28mm Elmarit M, and 50mm 1.4 Lux are excellent on the Z.
    To date, the only mount that I can use my Leica S glass on is the L mount and that played a big factor in the decision. I am not trying to convert others, just going over my reasons for the purchase. When Sigma releases their Foveon camera next year, that will also be considered. But for now, instead of waiting for the ďif only it had this...Ē camera, I bought what I felt had features important to me, to use today.
    Al Tanabe my website https://www.altanabe.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atanabe View Post
    To date, the only mount that I can use my Leica S glass on is the L mount and that played a big factor in the decision. I am not trying to convert others, just going over my reasons for the purchase. When Sigma releases their Foveon camera next year, that will also be considered. But for now, instead of waiting for the ďif only it had this...Ē camera, I bought what I felt had features important to me, to use today.
    Now that makes sense. Enjoy your camera!