The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

fotografz

I've seen the microprism/split image screen and it really is quite nice. In fact, I saw the microprism screen before I ever saw the grid screen, yet the grid screen starting shipping already. I'm not sure what the hold-up is in getting these out the door. Hopefully, we won't have to wait much longer.

As you can see by the photo through the viewfinder, the split screen is very bright and the split image totally disappears once you nail focus.

David
Man David, that is precise ... wish it was a diagonal split, but anything is better than nothing.

Thanks for posting this.

-Marc

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Texas Spring is upon us here in Colleyville...winds 25 with gust to 55...where oh where is that Buzzard Bay 14 when I need it.

So I spent the day weeding and gardening then upgraded the S 70 to the newest firmware.

Couple of shots inside....

Not a science fair project ... future plantings for a friend.

Avocadoe....

Pillows

Texas Convention

Goose decoy

Skates and Toboggan

Bob

Georg,

If you are using Lightroom, just crop the image to a reasonable dimension. You can change your View Options under the View menu to include Cropped Dimensions, then check Show Info Overlay.

When you export, be sure to make sure Resize to Fit is unchecked. The resolution box is irrelevant, btw. Don't worry about it. I also uncheck Output Sharpening.

The resulting file is a 100% crop, guaranteed, meaning that 1 pixel on the sensor is represented at 1 pixel on screen....
Hope this helps.

David
Thank you for this tip. I feel pretty dumb for not figuring this one out earlier.

GMB

Georg,

If you are using Lightroom, just crop the image to a reasonable dimension. You can change your View Options under the View menu to include Cropped Dimensions, then check Show Info Overlay.

When you export, be sure to make sure Resize to Fit is unchecked. The resolution box is irrelevant, btw. Don't worry about it. I also uncheck Output Sharpening.

The resulting file is a 100% crop, guaranteed, meaning that 1 pixel on the sensor is represented at 1 pixel on screen.

Hope this helps.

David
David--Thanks. That is what I eventually did when posting the crop in my above post. Just wasn't sure it gave 100%.

Georg

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Marc,

Are you looking for a solution like this? :D

What you see here is an Arca Swiss 6x9 F-Classic with an S2 mounted on the back via an adapter board (one of a kind right now - we had it made) and a Rodenstock Digital APO Sinorar-S 120mm f/5.6 on the front. Yes, it works. Yes, you can get infinity focus. No, there are no issues with microlenses with any of our testing so far.

The caveat is that wider lenses like the 35 or 45 do not achieve infinity focus, so this is a table-top only setup right now.

David

fotografz

Marc,

Are you looking for a solution like this? :D

What you see here is an Arca Swiss 6x9 F-Classic with an S2 mounted on the back via an adapter board (one of a kind right now - we had it made) and a Rodenstock Digital APO Sinorar-S 120mm f/5.6 on the front. Yes, it works. Yes, you can get infinity focus. No, there are no issues with microlenses with any of our testing so far.

The caveat is that wider lenses like the 35 or 45 do not achieve infinity focus, so this is a table-top only setup right now.

David
ME WANTY!

Put me on any list you are starting David! Keep us posted on any progress.

-Marc

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Lets try and keep those sales stuff to PM folks. Dealers respond in PM's also. Unless your willing to start paying us sales commissions.:D

Buy a banner:thumbs:

woodyspedden

Lets try and keep those sales stuff to PM folks. Dealers respond in PM's also. Unless your willing to start paying us sales commissions.:D

C'mon Guy. This is not really sales stuff as this is a hand made unit designed to show concept of what could be done with a current digital camera and an M Line camera. Shows of concept show up on this forum from time to time and can be useful to some.

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Not talking about the cam . Focusing screens take it offline. David knows better. There are RULES for dealers. FOLLOW THEM.

PeterA

Guy I think that David was responding to member interest in avaliability of a split screen finder for the S2 - apparently one is coming but not yet available..

I have to say though the arca device looks interesting too..Sinar have a similar outfit from mempory Sinar have recently released a DSLR type adaptor as well - but probably not with an S2 adaptor yet..I shall ask my dealer down here about it and report back.

The S2 is a niche product (compared to tother MFD gear) but GEtDPi seems to have a growing number of eccentrics who like the system! So this is a natural place for us to swap quesitons/observations.

Maybe ther eshoudl be a dedicated S2 forum somwhere - that would be interesting and useful and maybe less likely to break forum rules? Anyone know of any such forum?

Pete

Guy Mancuso

Pete let me make this perfectly clear ( IN PUBLIC) so everyone CLEARLY understands . This is the second WARNING to THIS dealer in this one thread alone. He was been warned before for other violations before in several threads. How far do you want me to take this because i should have banned him a long time ago. I don't give a rats *** how nice a guy he is to his customers or whatever and he was once regarded as a friend. They need to follow certain rules here and he knows it. The ONLY reason he is still here is because of Leica and no other. Otherwise he would be long gone.

This is not up for debate. So folks you need to realize how long I have stretched this banning out and have to understand MY issue with it.

You have a comment . PM ME

Dealers here follow special rules.

Thank You for your understanding of this. But my foot is down on this one.

fotografz

Rules is rules.

I'd suggest to David that he clearly add his contact information on every post so those interested in things he shows in answer to requests or desires for the S2 can contact him directly.

David,

The Sinar issue with the wider lenses not achieving infinity ... seems it would require recessed lens board and a bag bellows ... no? Or does the depth of the camera from mount flange to sensor present too great a distance to achieve infinity? My main interest would be more for table top with the 90 and 120 lenses I already have, but I could well see others wanting wide capability.

-Marc

Guy,
After seeing your post above, I re-checked the rules and went back through the thread looking for the offending post and could not find what you are talking about. If my post asking David to put me on his list for the focus screen was the problem then please call me out on a rule violation, not him. He didn't even respond to my post or others asking to be put on the list. David offered technical information about the focus screen and did not offer pricing much less solicit sales.

Please note I posted this reply in the public forum versus pm simply because your post "warning" the dealer was public so it's reasonable for the public to better understand the rules. I don't want to cause problems for any dealer buy asking the wrong question or making the wrong comment so I need to better understand what the rules are.

Mark

Guy Mancuso

Please read

Dealers here follow special rules that have nothing to do with members rules. Pretty simple. Further questions PLEASE PM me.

Thanks have a great evening.