The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The trip to Patagonia has been wonderful. Good light and good people. I highly recommend Visionary Wild / Justin Black. His trips are well-managed and top shelf. Here I am in my failed struggle to stay dry and to keep the tripod from buzzing in the wind. Classic shot from Lago Pehoe in classic Patagonia conditions.

I was committed to using frame averaging to blur the water, so 9/10 attempts were ruined by the wind. But I was able to find a few gaps between gusts. sk60xl, Alpa STC, IQ4-150, tilt and 5mm back rise (the bottom foreground is cropped).

Dave

Beautiful! REALLY captures the spirit of the place. I was there on the only windless week anyone could remember. It was weird. That lake was glassy smooth.:oops: