The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

Moss, Ferns and Maples on Vancouver Island. This image was tough to find in the chaos of the rainforest. I had to hike in over huge fallen trees. The rainforest is really lush in the spring time.

Steven

DB5

Afternoon!

Not the normal thing for here but maybe some will like these..

Had an absolutely amazing time last night, got a call at 6pm that my Sami reindeer herding friends had rushed to the mountains where their reindeer are for the summer, the calves are old enough to mark them with their owners marks before they leave their mothers and it's impossible to know who they belong too. I grabbed the camera, drove 3 hours in to the middle of nowhere, walked 4km up a mountain at midnight and at 1am they started the work, around 6 families old and young, grandparents and kids all working together, using a traditional type of lasso which was amazing to see. Finished at 5am and walked back down the mountain and drove home, completely knackered!

Truly amazing experience and fantastic to be invited, the marking is done traditionally with a knife, each family has its own mark which is cut in to the ear.

Anyway, a couple of random shots, truly challenging light, doesn't get dark really but at 2am the sun streamed past the mountain and bathed everything in extremely deep yellow/orange light.

All of these shot with the 110f2 on the GFX, apart from it being annoyingly noisy at times, it may be my most favourite lens I've owned! The more time I spend with these fantastic people, the more I believe their lifestyle should be recorded, respected and allowed to flourish, shame not everyone thinks like that!

Mat
Very nice story and pictures!

That 110 f2 is really something very special. The Fuji really is looking to be a total landmark system and I'm very excited to see what emerges from it. I'm not buying a system in the immediate future but if I was it would be this Fuji.

M

mjr

Thanks DB5

The 110 really is a very nice lens, the system as a whole really works for what I want to do and I'm very happy with it. It won't suit everyone but I feel pretty lucky to have it. These shots are too saturated for me, the perils of processing on an old laptop rather than waiting to get home and using the proper computer! Reprocessed now they look much closer to how I want them too, the 110 has very beautiful bokeh up close and is a great portrait lens and for this type of thing it offers that lovely separation even on subjects in the distance.

There are lots of great options now, I do feel the fuji is right up there!

Cheers

Mat

vieri

The end of the line

"The end of the line", shot in Death Valley (USA) with the Leica S and Summarit-S 35mm. The drive to the Racetrack can be a bit taxing, especially if you don't have the right car for it, but it definitely worth it: such an amazing place, not to be missed!

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

D&A

For myself, the real joy of Tim's image is simply how lovely it is, regardless of camera/lens used. The old adage of "its the photograher, not the equipment" is aptly demonstrated.

Dave (D&A)

tashley

Subscriber Member
You're too kind, as ever Dave. That shot is a sitting duck though - it's one of my test scenes. All its prettiness is its alone!

For myself, the real joy of Tim's image is simply how lovely it is, regardless of camera/lens used. The old adage of "its the photograher, not the equipment" is aptly demonstrated.

Dave (D&A)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bit of fun. Who can guess, without looking at the EXIF, what camera and possibly even lens, this 80mp image was shot on...
Beautiful pic! A lot of odd horizontal and vertical artifacts at full rez. My guess is a multi-shot.

--Matt

dchew

Or maybe up-rezzed from something smaller? Hmm. What has Tim used in the past...? That narrows it down.
:ROTFL:

M

mjr

Morning

Terrible picture, please excuse the knackered old subject but check out that backdrop! They are stupidly expensive to buy, I just picked up 3 huge canvas drop clothes for £35 and some paint for £50 and now have 3 12ft x 12ft backdrops after a couple of hours work, excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.