The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

darr

Nice to seed you back Darr. Coincidentally, I recently retired as well and we're in the process of having an Alaskan truck camper built. I think of it less as an RV and more as a mobile camera bag.

Tom
Congratulations Tom!
I looked at a few Alaskan camper videos and they are the best in truck campers. I am still contemplating either a Pleasure Way class B+ (love their interiors), a Winnebago 59k or a small Airstream. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.
Who knows, maybe we'll get to meet up on the open road someday! :)

Kind regards,
Darr

tsjanik

Congratulations Tom!
I looked at a few Alaskan camper videos and they are the best in truck campers. I am still contemplating either a Pleasure Way class B+ (love their interiors), a Winnebago 59k or a small Airstream. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.
Who knows, maybe we'll get to meet up on the open road someday! :)

Kind regards,
Darr
Indeed, each option has advantages and disadvantages. My wife and I have been considering which option for almost two years. I saw a 59k at a local dealer last year; loved the layout but we want 4x4 capability. We spent a great deal of time designing the interior for a Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter to be built by Sportsmobile. We even visited their IN facility twice. Ultimately we couldn't find a design we were happy with. Interestingly, Lloyd Chambers recently started blogging about his Sprinter conversion. The Alaskan certainly has disadvantages as well, but we love the interior - reminiscent of an old Chris Craft. It also has the advantage of using a Ford 4x4 turbo diesel,which should be easier to have serviced/repaired in N. America. Its off-road capability will also allow us to get to more remote places before getting stuck. ( I keep telling myself that so that I don't).
Good luck with your decision.

Tom

M

mjr

Evening!

Amazing night here, massive storm today and now lots of fog floating up from the trees and the river. Just took this half an hour ago at the top of the hill, I'm lucky that my house is just below the trees on the left.

dave.gt

Franka Solida iii + Kodak Ektar 100
Really nice images you are making with Ektar, I am envious! Lately, I have no time for my 503cxi... and it is loaded with Ektar 100. Thanks for sharing these beautiful images!:)

Edit: I was intrigued by the rendering of the lens in your images so I read a review and viewed a video with images as samples. It is a lovely camera and the images are beautful. One wonders how this camera would compare with a digital MF camera with shots side by side. I think it would be a charming difference...:)

Last edited:

WildRover

Loving your images especially the colours/tones you are getting. I even like a cropped version of this image with just the rock shape and no trees or sky. Looking forward to seeing more in future. Many thanks for sharing.
Thanks Ashandger. (Was away for several days - back in that same general area, so just now getting back to you). As for tone and color I think its because I'm a recovering Fugi Velvia fanatic and still tend toward some extra contrast and color. I'm a bit hopeless in that regard. My Pentax 645D has a CCD sensor - not sure if that has anything to do with it. In my previous post, the images were blended exposures. The canoe shot was one image, but double processed to try and bring out some texture and light in the shadows. The vertical shot was a series of 5 non uniform brackets. I used three of those - the very lightest image for the shadows and the two darkest images for the sky-sun-water. The Heart of Rocks image was a combination of Lightroom adjustments and then some global mid tone adjustments in Photoshop and some targeted shadow contrast adjustments to try and bring out the texture in the foreground rocks. I tend to over fuss with my images. I'm glad you enjoy them.

I'll have to try and remember to take your advise and do a tighter shot the next time I make it out there. Perhaps a long exposure also to smooth out the water. Thanks again.

Rick

AlanS

Grand Teton National Park
Phase One IQ3100/XF/Phase One 35mm
Like where you are going with the contrast with this and a lot of your recent posts Pramote. Lovely shot as well.

M

mjr

Here's a fun experiment, a friend visited with her 7 year old, I told her she could have complete control of her pictures and wear what she wanted, she messed up her hair, put on a hat and scarf and gave me her best modelling pose, hilarious! Just for fun but really made me laugh to see her idea of how she wanted to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.