The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfr

This image is a nine image stitch using the Phase One Xf IQ3 100 camera. Interesting how new compositions come to me now that I have switched shooting my panoramic images with a Horseman Film Camera. Having the choice to choose one of the six focal lengths of the prime lenses that I hike with compared to being limited in the choices with the Horseman. Of course having the 15 stops of dynamic range and the higher iso properties of digital medium format sure are nice.

ejpeiker

This image is a nine image stitch using the Phase One Xf IQ3 100 camera. Interesting how new compositions come to me now that I have switched shooting my panoramic images with a Horseman Film Camera. Having the choice to choose one of the six focal lengths of the prime lenses that I hike with compared to being limited in the choices with the Horseman. Of course having the 15 stops of dynamic range and the higher iso properties of digital medium format sure are nice.
I just love your forest panoramas Steven!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Bob,
I ordered one
Stanley
Stanley,

Did a bit of sorting out of equipment ... longer rail that in truth I do not need ... end result is I have a HC 300 bag and mounting set ... using the Promediagear Tomahawk.
Here are a couple of snaps of the set and results in late afternoon light in the house. Focus is on the rear decoy's eye.

Hasselblad 4116 HC 300 PMG Tomahawk

Really the thing floats in space ... perfectly suspended and so easy to track and lock down.

Regards,

Bob

M

mjr

Morning

Only had 2 mins to jump out of the car and grab a quick shot from this spot, crap light on a dull day but a beautiful scene which is worth a little more effort to get an interesting shot. Vietnam is a spectacular country.

dave.gt

.... whew!...

Finding it difficult to keep up with posts lately. Anyone else having seasonal stress?

I have a long term project that has been left idle and nearly forgotten. It is the elusive quest to photograph "dignity". While working the past six months with patients, I have been totally immersed in several projects. It sometimes occurs that I discover things upon reflection in my early morning quiet times. It seems that I have been photographing "dignity" all along.

I have learned so much.

And as I begin two new projects next month, I will be exploring the juxtaposition of "dignity" with "fighting". I have always loved contrasts in life, and here I am, living it, sometimes not even recognizing it, or too exhausted to think about it.

As the holiday season continues, I wish each of you peace, love, joy, and happiness. :):):)

Last edited:

D&A

Bob,

Was your 1st image a "still" from the Hitchcock movie "The Birds", as I didn't see a copyright notice? :)
Very nice capture!

Dave (D&A)

docmoore

Dave

That would work if you tripled the number of birds ...

Thanks it turned out better than I expected.

Bob

D&A

Dave

That would work if you tripled the number of birds ...

Thanks it turned out better than I expected.

Bob
In some of the film and movie stills from this movie, I believe he mixed in stuffed model birds with real birds to increase the apparent numbers? If so, maybe a trip to the local craft store is in order. :)

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Afternoon!

The weather was a bit mad here this morning, wild winds and the sea was kicking up. The Horizon was pretty dark so went to this concrete lookout tower that is partially built I spotted last week and took a couple of shots. I'm really enjoying shooting black and white at the moment, I like the way this works, need a woman in a long dress standing on the top really.

docmoore

I normally prefer platinum toned pictures but this seems fine in silver monochrome ....

Hasselblad 4116

Regards,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.