The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndwgolf

Neil,

I really like the low-contrast artist's pencil sketch look of this!

-Matt
Matt thanks for the feedback,

I hate to say it myself but I printed this on A2 Roll canvas. Its 17" x 53" (if I remember rightly) and it looks amazing. I have it hanging in my hall way

Neil

M

mjr

Thanks Neil, it's Dong Ha, Central Vietnam, taken with the GFX, great camera.

Cheers

Mat

ndwgolf

Thanks Neil, it's Dong Ha, Central Vietnam, taken with the GFX, great camera.

Cheers

Mat
Matt
I love central Vietnam, I've been there 3 times now, all around the Hoi Ann and Hue areas. I plan to go back again after new year :) :)

Neil

D&A

A couple of low key shoots taken with the lovely Raina .............Leica S007 plus S120mm

One thing I did notice was that the S120 hunted and hunted while trying to get focused on certain parts of her body.........it just meant I had to spend more time looking :) :)

Neil
One thing I immediately noticed quite a few years ago when testing out the Leica S120mm macro (on both the S2 and S006) vs. the Pentax 120mm macro on the 645D, was that when portraits were taken under studio lighting, the Leica lens would hunt constantly while trying to achieve focus. Other than this anomaly, optically the lens is superb.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

Mark C

Morning

Proper miserable weather here, heavy rain but still really humid, nice! Took a walk around the incredible market here this morning, I very rarely get chance to shoot street style photography but there's so much life going on here, it's difficult not to give it a go.
Nice street image, did you get the 45mm?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Couple of pictures from an early morning walk ...

Hasselblad 4116 Pentax P67 100 F/4 Macro

Warm Regards and Merry Christmas Eve to All.

Bob

ejpeiker

As first light hits the Dolomite mountain tops, the northern Italian town of Cannazei waits for the warming rays of the sun to reach down into the valley...
645DF+, IQ160, 80mm, ISO 50, f/8, 1/50s

ITL_Dolomites149.jpg

D&A

"Joy to the World" Washington D.C.
Pentax 645D; FA 45-85mm

To the entire Getdpi community and their families, wishing everyone a joyous holiday season and a happy, prosperous and peaceful New Year.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:
M

mjr

Thanks Mark, haven't got the 45mm yet, planning a trip to Hanoi in the New Year so will pick it up then, this was with the 63mm which I think is an extremely good lens. I'm not a street photographer by any stretch of the imagination but it's nice to wander around the chaos and just see what comes along.

Merry Christmas to all.

Mat

ChrisLivsey

C1 in V11 has some interesting changes that I am finding useful, this image was split toned, nothing special there, but the ability to use that as a layer and adjust opacity simultaneously of both tones was quite powerful.
A tribute to the mirror delay on the H series this was hand held at 1/15th @f2.2 on the 100mm HC

This shot used a slight exposure gradient mask from the top but on the layers the opacity gave finer control than the exposure slider I found, I think I combined a slight brightness change as well on the same layer. A second exposure gradient bottom up as well, combined some desaturation on the same layer where again the opacity allowed simultaneous change, this in colour and mist/low cloud in the Forest of Bowland Lancashire (not all smoking factories) UK Both on P45+

Status
Not open for further replies.