The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I visited a small falls ... water was low so not the most impressive flow.

Hasselblad 4116 XCD 90

Regards,

Bob

BenH

GFX and 32-64mm lens. One of the first images made using the camera. Handheld @ ISO 400. I need to get an L-bracket for this camera.

Mark C

Looking forward to Fuji releasing the GF 250mm telephoto lens (+ TC) in 2018. I'll certainly also want to try the Techart Canon EF to GFX adaptor when it becomes available. I've already seen test shots with the Canon 300mm F2.8 IS II on the GFX, so $499 to be able to use those two with AF and aperture control from the camera looks like a great option.
In the meantime, the 110mm is the longest GF lens I have for now:

Greater spotted Woodpecker by Mark, on Flickr

ejpeiker

Ord River Flood Plain - Western Australia. Aerial Shot from a Bell Longranger without doors.
XF - IQ3100, 80mm (2 horizontal stitched frames), ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/2500s

AUS_Wyndham37.jpg

dave.gt

Thanks Dave, it is a tight crop (66%)!
Ha! I should have figured that out myself! I have the hardest time getting nice bird shots in our backyard. The wi-fi connection helps but it is still too time-consuming and tedious for me considering my tight daily schedule.

It is a beautiful image with a nice smooth bokeh that makes it so easy with MF resolution to crop as much as you want. Like I said, nice capture! Now, your 250mm comment is better understood.:):):)

vieri

Different take at Durdle Door, Dorset. Leica S

Having photographed it from sea level quite a few times, on a stormy weather day I decided to go for a different point of view. This is Durdle Door from above, taken during one of my Workshops in Dorset last spring. Leica S, Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

tsjanik

More snow encrusted trees. A non-rigorous, but useful to me, test of 645Z and K-1. The K-1 was handheld using the inexpensive, but stellar IMHO, 28-105mm lens; the 645Z was on a tripod using the 80-160mm zoom. I will still favor the 645Z, but won't be reluctant to use the K-1 when weight and lack of a tripod is a factor.

Tom

Attachments

ChrisLivsey

All that trouble, and cost, for sharpness then go and shoot mist :loco:

Looking for the Gruffalo, it's a UK Children's book: The Gruffalo - Official Website

H1 P45+ 100mmHC C1 V11 -clarity +structure basic B/W conversion

Edit: 1/60th @f2.2 hand held tripods are for wimps :angel:

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Out for a stroll close to home ... only had an hour to play. Passed a dad and his daughter ... saw the cam ... spent half an hour talking about the X1D which he had researched in depth.

Hasselblad 4116 XCD 90

Seems it is a small world.

Bob

mediumcool

Spent yesterday with friends in an amazing city called Hue, I know very little about it other than it was an ancient capital and is a UNESCO site, incredible walled city which I will return to explore properly.
I [nearly] went to Vietnam in 1972 to ‘meet interesting ppl and then shoot them’ [old joke]. I still would like to visit; I like the food very much, and the elegant ladies wearing the elegant áo dài are so attractive!

Huế was the imperial city and capital from 1802 to 1945, and was very badly damaged during the Tet offensive in 1968.

Status
Not open for further replies.