The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

B L

Re: My first attempt with ancient techs

I just bought an used P30 to go with SWCM (CF lens but megaphone finder). The parternership looks smooth and my initial impression is looking better than dreaded. I will still be using normal A12 film backs for real Biogon output as intended.
The composition is iffy with the crop factor of P30 but manageable.
Here are a couple of tests.
I miss the lens key stone tool in LR as in Phocus.Does C1 have anything similar?
And you know something? I dont mind at all when you all clever people give me tips.
Thanks.
FatiePhaseOne (1 of 1)-2.jpg
Test Shot 1Hasselblad SWCM + Phase One P30.jpg
Bashir

M

mjr

Afternoon

Second shot from the empty bridge I posted the other day, took bloody ages to get a point where everything is sort of square, the bridge actually affects my ocd quite badly as nowhere seemed to quite match, anyway, I like the graphic feel.

jduncan

Lovely morning light Ipoh Malaysia
H6D

This conveys the morning light so well, that you can almost feel you are in the place, surrounded by the morning light, and the changing temperature.
Early morning has some kind of primordial magic. People that have the luxury to appreciate it can attest that one is a little younger by early morning.

Thanks for sharing.

vieri

Sgurr nan Gillean at sunrise

Sunrise view of Sgurr nan Gillean, taken during one of the Workshops I led on the Isle of Skye last spring. Leica S (007), Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-HItech Firecrest filters. Can't wait to be back on Skye next month!

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

hcubell

Hi,

Could you give some general impressions on the 120?

Have you used the half macro capabilities? how is the focusing?

Best regards,
The optical quality is exceptional, as you would expect from the MTF charts. I have not yet used the macro capabilities, so I can't speak to that. The AF is accurate, but it is slow, particularly in low light where it struggles. However, I generally use manual focus. This is not a lens that I would use for street photography or walking around a city to shoot opportunistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.