The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three photos from Haleakala National Park in Maui Hawaii.

The first is soon after sunrise in a Bamboo Forest along the Pipiwai Trail.

The second is a six minute long exposure of Haleakala Crater by moonlight.
The brightest trail is Venus.
Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa on the Big Island in the background.

The third is a moment before sunrise and just before cloud cover obscured the view of Haleakala Crater.

Taken with Hasselblad X1D and XCD 21mm lens.

Happy Holidays to all!

Bamboo Forest Sunrise in Maui Hawaii by Joe Marquez B0003393.jpg

haleakala crater in maui hawaii joe marquez B0003486.jpg

haleakala christmas morning sunrise.jpg

Last edited:

PeterA

It Kept Snowing Today. An Image from My Back Yard. :grin:

Fuji GFX 50S • GF45
I know it must be cold- but I am envious of the access to different weather exrtemes you guys have over there- lovely photograph KH - and Happy Holidays all teh best for the New Year.

k-hawinkler

I know it must be cold- but I am envious of the access to different weather exrtemes you guys have over there- lovely photograph KH - and Happy Holidays all teh best for the New Year.
Thanks Peter for the feedback, much appreciated. It can get bitter cold and windy around here, but it only snows when it is not that cold. Here is an image from my front yard today. :grin:

A branch hanging low because of the snow load.

Fuji GFX 50S • GF45

Happy Holidays and all the best for the New Year to you as well.

Danny Burk

A trip to the Potawatomi Conservatory in South Bend today, trying out the Contax 645 120/4 apo-makro for the first time. First time recently, that is, since I had one about 15 years ago when I had a Contax 645. Loved it then, and I'm impressed with it now on the GFX50S.

I've processed it with Capture One instead of my usual ACR. I'm sure there are lots of subtle tricks to learn, but I worked my way through the tabs and came up with this.

_GFX0424 orange hibiscus C1.jpg

Grayhand

Lökken Denmark

Gfx(r), 110

I normally don´t do this kind of photo, including both people and bird.
But I normally not doing holidays either, so why not try something new?
Spending a photographic week here in Denmark.

So Dave, I have now had some time to get tho know the camera system better, and we are getting closer and closer friends :cool:

Ray

dave.gt

Lökken Denmark

Gfx(r), 110

I normally don´t do this kind of photo, including both people and bird.
But I normally not doing holidays either, so why not try something new?
Spending a photographic week here in Denmark.

So Dave, I have now had some time to get tho know the camera system better, and we are getting closer and closer friends :cool:

Ray
Ray, that is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing this one ad I could use a beautiful scene like that myself!:)

I love the composition, the colors, the people, and yes, the bird. It gives a feeling that one can dream about being there in addition to enjoying the beauty of that image.:thumbup:

jng

I spent another early morning in the Marin Headlands of California today - the air was exceptionally clear but alas, there was not much in the way of clouds...

Golden Gate, at the end of nautical twilight
P12_27_2018_20223-24-stitched-v2-small.jpg

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | 40HR | f/11 | two-image stitch +/- 10mm

Best wishes to all for the new year!

John

dave.gt

John, thank you for posting one of the most iconic images for us who have never been to the West Coast...very nice!!!:):):)

And I will say that all of our members' posts here contribute to the quality of our viewing places and beauty from your home locations and from travels. On the one hand, I keep thinking "Settle back easy, Dave, no more viewing travel images, Dante is merely using them to taunt and tempt." Lol, it is true but I have somehow turned the viewing of images in this thread into therapeutic sessions for me. :thumbs:

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread and, thank you John for the best wishes for the new year!
:)

k-hawinkler

I spent another early morning in the Marin Headlands of California today - the air was exceptionally clear but alas, there was not much in the way of clouds...

Golden Gate, at the end of nautical twilight
View attachment 138201

WRS1250 | IQ3100 | 40HR | f/11 | two-image stitch +/- 10mm

Best wishes to all for the new year!

John
Thanks John for this special image, capturing the lights reflecting of the water. A detail I had not noticed from the same vantage point.

John, thank you for posting one of the most iconic images for us who have never been to the West Coast...very nice!!!:):):)

And I will say that all of our members' posts here contribute to the quality of our viewing places and beauty from your home locations and from travels. On the one hand, I keep thinking "Settle back easy, Dave, no more viewing travel images, Dante is merely using them to taunt and tempt." Lol, it is true but I have somehow turned the viewing of images in this thread into therapeutic sessions for me. :thumbs:

Thanks to all who contribute to this thread and, thank you John for the best wishes for the new year!
:)
Thanks Dave for your observations.
I add my best wishes for all for the new year.
I rather enjoy as well images our forum members take of their local environments. Things change, weather, lighting, mood, the seasons, .., and one often notices new detail that one didn’t notice before. For me that keeps taking pictures of my local area challenging and interesting. It’s also remarkable how other forum members deal with their local environments and challenges.

jng

Thank you for your kind words, Dave and K-H. I am fortunate to live in an area with so much natural (and not so natural) beauty to behold and the ability to experience it as time allows. As for the view of the Golden Gate from the Marin Headlands, it's hard to put into words which I suppose is why some of us take pictures. ;) And yes, the images from others on this forum continue to inspire. There is so much we can learn from each other, both virtually and in person when we're lucky enough to get the chance. Here's to another year of inspiration to us all!

John

jng

Here's a snap of San Francisco from the hills on the east side of the SF Bay, taken on Boxing Day after sunset

H12_26_2018_70-79_mean_stack-small.jpg

X1D | 250mm Superachromat | f/11 | 11 sec | 10-image mean blend

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Morning in Punta Cana. X1D, 45mm, SilverFX for over-the-top rays. (and dust spots - my God! the dust spots. Still missed a few...)

Best,

Matt

stngoldberg

I’ve always considered “portraits” one of the most challenging ares of photography, and have collected over the years many books of portraiture by some of the most recognized experts.
Recently I acquired the Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed A lighting system with two heads; I setup a portrait studio in my garage.
I discovered I can supplement my two light strobe kit with additional light from my Quantum flashes because my H5DX body on my Phase back syncs at all shutter speeds.
So all of my acquaintances are destined to become my models, and because, like me, they are of a “certain age,” they are eager to have formal pictures to pass on to their families.
Over the course of time, I will post some of the images. I would welcome criticism. Here is George.
Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.