The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Kyndel

Creative photo Hulyss, thanks for sharing!

Also, an FYI for Kyndel, lots of cameras can do multiple exposures in-camera, not just Nikon. My Pentax DSLR's have had that feature for 10+ years...
I can say for sure, that you are 100 % wrong here.

The Nikons.....the old D200, The D700, the D3, the D3S, the D3X, The D7000 and some more can all do multiple exposure.

Perhaps you are mixing it up with direct in-camera HDR ( in jpg)??(a lot of people do mix this up)

If so, some Nikon can do this also, the first that could that was Nikon D5100, but that is NOT multiple exposure.

Please look at post 1379

---

The famous Tony Sweet has a course in ME

---

Canon has just started with this feature (ME) last year (I think) - I do not know if they had it in their top pro bodies, but do not think so

---

But Pentax has done in-camera HDR in many years and does it good, but that is another story.

--

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/double-multiple-exposure-photography-tutorials/

Hulyss Bowman

Some more photo then :)

The first one is at 800 ISO and it was a direct JPEG, the second one is at 100 ISO f3.2 (the sweet-spot in bokeh on the DP2m) and the third is at 1000 ISO (raw, this time).

I promise I will do more colour once I get my DP3m early March.

Kyndel

:salute:

100% wrong, really? :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is getting off-topic so if you want to discuss this further just PM me. :OT:
Now I understand this lack of communication:

You wrote:
"Also, an FYI for Kyndel, lots of cameras can do multiple exposures in-camera, not just Nikon. My Pentax DSLR's have had that feature for 10+ years."

Your words "not just Nikon" confused me, because I have never thought that, but I read - I think it was last year - that Canon also started with it.

I knew others have had it for many years, and we also had it for film, so it is old, just pointed out this about Canon, if anybody was interested, because some Canon users was not happy they missed it.

I have never - ever - thought/or written Nikon was the only one, so there you are= The reason for the misunderstanding was a little story you made :D

biglouis

We had the first really sunny day of the year here in the southern part of England so I spent the day in and around the South Downs area of Hampshire/West Sussex. In truth my main weapon of choice was my Hasselblad MF film camera but I now have the habit of taking the DP2M as a 'second body'.

"Through the trees" above Chalton

11th Century Saxon Church,St Hubert's in the field at Idsworth - I know from looking at the frame at 100% that the post is collected each day at 4PM and 8AM on Saturdays

Interior of St Hubert's containing an 11th century wall painting depicting the the Dance of Salome and the beheading of John the Baptist.

An unusual feature of Idsworth is that occasionally a tributary of the Lavant rises and floods through the field below the church.

(Through my car windscreen) the river actually takes the course of the road for about half a mile.